Chapter 4

Ayaka's POV:

When I woke up again I was curled up into Kurogiri's chest, from the darkness of the room I concluded it was either still night time or early morning. I was about to fall back asleep when I suddenly felt very thirsty. So I clambered out of the bed for something to drink, after finding nothing I sit on the floor feeling very dizzy and faint. The room starts spinning and I start crying. I don't like this! Suddenly my tummy feels very warm and a yucky feeling forms in my throat.

Before I could get to the bin I throw up, it was mostly bile but it still smells really bad! I flop down onto the cold floor beside my puke and continue to wail. A loud banging starts on the door which makes me cry even louder. Why was everything so loud? Why does the cold floor still make me feel hot? I don't like it!

I think Kurogiri wakes up because someone is by my side in a second rubbing circles into my back. It works cause I calm down and my wails turn to soft sobs. The door is opened and Dabi walks in, he looks tired and upset he's been woken up. "I-...I'm so-owwy!" I say between sharp breathes. I felt so bad! How could I burden them like this, I haven't even known them for more than three days. These strangers are looking after me and all I'm doing is being a big baby.

I was being consumed by my dark thoughts and nausea. I didn't even realise I was picked up and in someone's arms. "Too hot...." I mumble. "Hot? She has a fever! How? she was just fine earlier." I think I was in Dabi's arms 'cause it sounds like his voice is a lot closer than Kurogiri's.

Dabi's POV:

"Too hot..." hot? I'm not overheating so I should be at a decent temperature. Wait- I touch her forehead and feel how much warmer she is than me. "She has a fever!" Kurogiri looks up at me in what I could only describe as shock. He places his hand against her forehead and quickly retracts his hand. "It's too early for the pharmacy to be open, there's at least another three or four hours before they open. Dabi place her in bed and fetch some cool water and a towel, I'll clean up the vomit. I'll see if anywhere is open currently whilst you're gone." I nod and race down the the main floor for a big bowl, it's a bar so it didn't take long. I place some ice in the bowl and race back into the elevator, when back on our floor I grab one of my unused face towels and race back to Kurogiri's room.

The vomit is now gone and the room has a slight floral scent to it, the kid is under one blanket instead of the two and her buttoned shirt is slightly open. Kurogiri is on his phone looking intently at it to find some fever reducers. I walk into the bathroom and fill the bowl with some water then place it on the bedside table. After dipping the towel in the water and squeezing most of it out I place it on her forehead. "Ok...yes...perfect! Dabi there's a place a couple blocks down that's open. It's a 24 hour place thankfully. Go the the pharmacy section and tell them your sister or your kid has a temp of...102.7F. We need those reducers as quick as possible."

I nod and race out the room, I ended up jumping out the window onto another building instead of going to the elevator. Roof hopping is quicker for me anyways. This is the fasted I've ever run in my entire life since I ran from that fiery Bitch ass hoe and it's for someone I've barely known for three days. God this kid got me wrapped around her little fingers already...

It didn't take me long to get to the pharmacy and get the reducers I needed- but I just had to have a run in with dear old Ereaserhead. "This is not the time to be telling me to turn myself in, damn it!" I yell at the man. "It'll make things easier for the both of us if you stop running!" He yells back, I just dodge the capture weapon by a couple centimetres. "No it won't! I am not having my kid die from a fever because of your self righteous hero bullshit!" I turn around and set fire all around us so he doesn't follow. "You have a kid...." I look back at the shocked man one last time before racing across the rooftops to get the, no, my kid the fever reducers she needs.

I get back to the base in under an hour, 37 minutes to be precise mainly because of that run in with Erasurehead, after handing Kurogiri the medicine I drop to the floor to catch my breathe. "Never...doing...errand...a-again." Kurogiri nods and feeds the barely conscious kid the medicine. "Should kick in about half an hour or so. We will just have to wait and hope she gets better quickly." I sit up and grunt in acknowledgement, "I'm going to shower real quick. I'll look after her whilst you shower afterwards." Mist man bows his head (nodding?) and I leave the room. "It's too early for everything..." I grumble to myself as I start undressing for my shower.

Word count: 932