Chapter 34

No one's POV:

It was a regular day for the LOV, just chilling on the bus. Waiting to get home to UA and see everyone. When the news comes; it came through the worried voice of Aizawa himself. Telling them to check the news as quickly as possible.

So they did. Shigiraki pulls out his laptop and logs onto his news account. There was an article about them, or more specifically Ayaka and the way she dresses and acts.

Shigiraki almost dusted the laptop right there and then, Dabi was trying to not set the bus on fire, Magne was simply comforting Ayaka and the others were all worrying over her and what they should do. Papagiri was the calmest out of everyone, like usual, he suggested holding another interview and talking to calm people down. The group instantly agreed to it and papagiri began calling major agencies who would be willing to interview them for a night.

"On our little talk show tonight we have the LOV talking ti us about their most recent concert and controversy! Welcome all, now can you tell us a little about what's going on? Your group has blown up within the last 24 hours." Some famous late night talk show presenter says. None of the league knew who it was, they didn't care much for talk shows after all.

"Well it seems someone took one of our interviews and twisted it and as you know, rumours spread like wildfire." Dabi said calmly with the rest of his group sat all around him. Ayaka was sat on Kurogiri's knee and they were talking between themselves quietly.

"Please explain."

"Well as you all know, Ayaka is our youngest and we like to baby her. Someone twisted it and said we are into kids and all that nasty stuff."

"None of its true." Shigiraki butts in. The presenter sits back and puts his hands up in defeat. "Obviously. But even if you were why would you admit it? Even as we talk, the youngest of your group is sat on your managers lap." This brought a spotlight onto the two unsuspecting members of the group.

"We we're talking. Do you have an issue with that?" Kurogiri says in an almost annoyed voice. The presenter shakes his head, "no, it's just with all the controversy that's been going on you'd think to space yourself slightly from her." If Kurogiri could roll his eyes he would right now.

As Kurogiri goes to say something Ayaka speaks up, "if I want to sit on their lap or be carried or picked up by them it's my choice! They would never do something I don't want." The presenter tries to say something but Ayaka quickly silenced him by transforming a set of dragon horns and Smokey breathe. "They are family and because I'm the youngest they baby me. Nothing more! I love being babied by them. It gives me the childhood I never had! So can people stop twisting things and being mean?! I wan' my famwily to be happy and sing!"

Close to the end Ayaka began to slip and cry, every member of the team began to fuss over her and check if she's alright. Even the audience that was there felt bad. Though the presenter tried to persevere. "Well why do you treat her like a baby? If I remember correctly she should be in her first year of highschool right now."

"Because I want to! Everyone says that healthy coping methods are amazing until they're slightly different or a bit 'weird' then everyone makes fun of them! So what if I regress a bit! It's none of your business old man!" Ayaka yells, pulling her head away from Magne's tissue that was drying her still spilling tears.

-a couple days later-

"A few days ago in a late night talk show the LOV was featured and they spoke about the rumours that began to plague their team. The youngest member spoke out and outed her self as what is known as an 'age regressor'. Today I have a psychiatrist who specialises in healthy coping mechanisms in teenagers to explain in more detail."

"Thank you. Age regression or little space is actually more common than you think, it allows one to go back to a time to when they feel safe additionally it allows them to have a childhood they might not have had previously. The member of the LOV known as Ayaka shows she feels safe with them by regressing in front of them so openly. Sure many see a problem with others acting more childish than they should be but not everyone has trauma to work through or things to be scared of."

"But isn't it wrong for her to act like this? And shouldn't she be in school like everyone else?"

"No, in fact it's better to regress and be safe mentally then be unsafe and possibly harmful to yourself. This is a coping mechanism that stops her from hurting herself and remember the abuse she might have been through. Also, do you really think Nezu, the principal of UA would allow a student off campus like this without testing her knowledge and her ability to protect herself?"

The Tv presenter was silent and the psychiatrist continued to talk about other safe coping mechanisms than people might not if heard of or might be seen as unusual or weird. Thanks to Nezu and many LOV supporters that video went viral and it had over 30 million views on it. Many were fine with it as it didn't affect their lives but there were still those few who cared about others lives a bit too much and were mean. Nothing Nezu can't handle in secret, and Ayaka was none the wiser.

A/n: hey! Sorry it's been awhile. I've just completed NCS (national citizen service) and it was so much fun! It had a lot of negative reviews but mine was so much fun! I met lots of new people and made friends and even got close to a guy, we went to the movies today! And we're hanging out again in Thursday! I hope you're ready for the last chapter! Because it's mainly gonna be fluff and love from nearly if not all of the characters so stay tuned! See you next time!

Word count: 1062