Chapter 22

No one's POV:

Ayaka usually hung around others so when she wasn't with Aizawa, Hizashi or any of the league members they were quite confused. That was until Nezu told them she had been wondering the halls in search of something, even he didn't know what she was looking for.

Over with class 1-B, Vlad is trying to teach but keeps getting distracted by the soft breathing of a small girl asleep on top of one of the shelves. "Why is she asleep in my classroom and how did she get up there?" Vlad sighs. The class shrugs. Monoma and Hitoshi hide their smiles well and play it cool. In truth they helped her get up there.

The rest of the day Ayaka spent ignoring all the members of the LOV, mainly Dabi though. As amazing as the rewards were for wearing shoes, she was not happy that he made a bet about her and he was not in her good books. Every time he saw he she turned the to opposite direction or made it so she looked busy until he finally couldn't take it anymore and kidnapped her from Hitoshi's class.

"Alright pipsqueak, I know you're mad but can you please stop ignoring me? I haven't had one cuddle today or fed you a single bottle within the past two days!" Dabi felt that he was getting weaker now his main concerns in life was cuddles and feeding his baby. But he didn't care, he knew he messed up. Ayaka turned her head to the side and pouted, "not forgivwen...." Dabi would coo at the sight of her pouty face if he didn't see how upset she was. This wasn't one of her usual temper tantrums.

"Sweetie...can you tell me why you're so upset?" She shook her head, "dat's not for me to say....bwig me sad." Dabi held her close not sure what to do, he didn't want to force her out of her headspace but he was also getting increasingly more worried about his little girl. He sighed when he finally decided what would be best. "I'll put you down for your nap but could I have big Ayaka afterwards, just for a little?" She lowers her face and nods slowly. I kiss her forehead and bring her into her room for the nap I promised.

-After nap time and Big Ayaka is here-

She sat on her 'big' bed and wrapped the blanket around herself. She knew it wasn't Dabi she was upset with but rather someone from her past. Letting go seemed harder than she thought.

The door creaked open and Dabi walks in with a cup of hot chocolate as a peace offering. "Here..." Ayaka thanks him quietly and takes the cup and he sits down beside her. "I....Not many people liked me when I was younger 'cause I couldn't properly control my quirk and animal parts kinda popped out all the time....They treated me like an animal and when I thought I found one good person...He-!" she looks down at the dark drink in her hand and sniffles, "He only acted like that so he could betray me- I was a bet....I know I shouldn't be mad at you 'cause you're different and you care but it hurts for some reason. I don't understand!" Dabi kisses the emotional girl's forehead and placed the hot drink down before she could injure herself.

"You are perfect the way you are, if they couldn't see that then their dumb- like really dumb!" Ayaka looks at him as if to say 'seriously?'. "I'm not joking, sure you maybe a little awkward socially but so am I and a bunch of others are, like Tomura, Bakugo- no he's more than socially awkward. I'd go for a more socially constipated-Hey!" Ayaka elbows him jokingly in the side when he says that and Dabi couldn't help but smile at the tiny grin she tried to hide from him. "I think you're perfect, wether you're fluffy or not, big or small, I wouldn't want you any other way. Maybe it was misty man who kept you safe at first but now you've got the entire league wrapped around your finger along with a load of people here in UA. People like you." Ayaka throws herself into his chest making him grunt, but in response he only strokes her back softly until she calms down from crying.

"You feeling better?" Dabi asks grinding his chin into her head as she takes a sip of the lukewarm drink. "Mm..." Ayaka hums as she gulps down the rest of the drink. "I will never make a bet on you again. Though...why do you hate shoes so much? You must have had to wear them before." Ayaka puts down her drink and lays across Dabi's lap. "It's kinda like umm putting shoes on a duck!" Dabi tilted his head," It's uncomfortable no matter what and they'll just want to rip them off. It just doesn't feel right I guess I'm trying to say. As well I'm so used to just poofing up a set on animal legs that I don't bother with them, toe beans to ground is much more comfortable anyways." Dabi could kind of understand what she meant even if her imagery was odd.

"Wanna go get some ice cream?" He asks half heartedly in hopes of bringing the mood up. Ayaka hums and crawls out from her comfortable blankets and onto the floor. Dabi threw a new non tear stained shirt at her and she changed without a care in the world before slipping her skirt back on. "Aren't you gonna put on a new shirt that doesn't have a wet patch on it?" Dabi shrugs and lights the tip of his finger with a blue flame, then very quickly dried his shirt without burning his clothed off.

Whilst Ayaka was in her 'big' headspace she still held onto Dabi's hand like her life depended on it. It's been awhile since she last went outside in her big headspace and she's wearing lots of pastel, plus she's using her quirk to give her bunny legs and ears so it looked like she had a mutation quirk. Many still discriminate and don't allow them to do things or go places.

They got ice cream and sat on a park bench in peace and quiet, a few people stared, more because of Dabi then Ayaka but it still made her sit closer to the burnt man. She had two bubble-gum flavoured scoops in a tub and Dabi had mint and caramel. "Doesn't that taste weird?" He shrugs and continues to eat his ice cream.

(Her shirt

(Her shirt. She matched her animal characteristics to her shirt)

Word count: 1133