Chapter 9

No one's POV:

When morning came Lui was still beside Ayaka and had kept watch the entire night. He was tired and needed some rest so his mate swapped out with him to protect their cub. Yes, the griffin mates called her their cub. All of their children have already flown the nest but they always have their sweet human cub.

Ayaka sits up and stretches, "may?" The golden brown griffin nods and coos at the child. She gently uses her break to groom the child and nuzzle her. "I got taken away from home..." the little one cries. The mother griffin felt her heart break at the sight of her cub in tears, lost and probably feeling alone. A loud growl silences the child, "hungwy.." May was at a loss, she wasn't in her home land and couldn't just hunt her something, here she had no reign over the land and had no clue on how to get food.

The female griffin scooped up her cub and flew over the city looking for somewhere to get food for her child. It wasn't much but on a rooftop not too far away was some left over fast food. It would do but neither of them are sure how long it's been out. "I can wait for somefin else.." May was distraught she couldn't provide for her cub and that she would have to go hungry. The both of them froze in place when they heard a door open. "I hate pigeons...GO AWA-huh?" The man with dirty blonde hair looked at the griffin and the girl, all of them frozen.

May quickly scooped her cup into her front claws, making sure not to hold on too tight and hurt her or too loose and risk dropping her. All this mother griffin knew was staying with him could be dangerous, she has no clue what power he has and what he could do to her child. May checked over her shoulder just to be sure they've gotten far enough away but right behind them was that man from before and he's flying?! The griffin mother dives into an alley way and curls her tail around her cub as she awaits a fight between her and the male.

The male lands and cautiously makes his way over to them, ignoring May's hissing and snapping beak not getting too close after she swipes at him. "Alright alright! Geez mama bird. Just wanted to check on the kid, she must've been hungry if you were scavenging for her." May looked at him suspiciously, "I get it. Why's a stranger being nice? I'm a hero, it's my duty to help." He puts his hand in his pocket and May growls, making sure he makes no sudden movements. "I'm just getting some food out." She stops growling but still holds Ayaka close with her tail. "Here." He reaches his arm out, holding some snack bars and a small box of juice.

May didn't want to risk anything so she used her talons to snatch the food off the man and hand it to her cub, who happily ate them and sat on the dirty floor babbling away to her. She had seemingly forgotten all of her worries and sadness until the flying man spoke up again. "Why are you out here?" "Ran..zawa mean..." He freezes up. "Hold on. 'Zawa'? As in Aizawa?" Ayaka nods with the juice box straw still in her mouth and the man puts his hands in his hair.

"You must've had a reason... but he's a hero... but to make a child run he must've done something. No he knows how to deal with kids he has one of his own.. What happened?" The man finishes his mini rant and finally speaks to a very confused cub. "Took me 'way from home, mean to me famiwy. No blanky or paci!" She couldn't help but get herself worked up when she remembers the events from the last 24 hours. She hasn't been through anything this stressful since she got kidnapped and she wasn't coping well.

"Why are you talking like that?" Ayaka froze up, her eyes filled with fear and her griffin could tell she was scared. The mother griffin stomped a foot and got between him and her cub. "Alright no more questions about her. Where's your home?" Ayaka shrugs, "dunno zawa took me away." The man sighs, "this is gonna be a long day..."

Word count: 748