13|THE PRIVILEGE

Everyone is lucky enough to live on this surface but some as many of my readers are, are born with a silver spoon. We shall be thankful for what we are given for one day, you can be cleaning your entire household without any assistance.

The Privileged Papers

     "My lady, the Viscount has sent you a letter." Iris stated.

     While causing for Giovanna to look and to see a thick bond of paper.

     "Thank you, Iris." She thanked her lady's maid while Iris got out of her room opening the letter. Reading in complete silence as she sat down by the window with a smile. He addressed the letter with to: Giovanna, my dear wife.

     She silently read causing for her to tear up looking at the addressing name.

     Even by the start, he is renewing his promise towards her.

     It is not only at his advantage but it is mostly about her. She could not help but to feel her heart being so delighted to see that he, Jonathan really cares. It was making her want to go back to the Barnes House because she has not been home by a week or so.

     After finishing to read, she put it at her purse with a smile.

     Heading off to the dining area for an early dinner.

     "I heard that Lord Jonathan Sterling sent a message. What was it?" Her brother did not waste any time and quickly asked her about the details of the letters sent. "He sent me a letter of apology along with another to say that we can start anew." Giovanna answered with meals and beverages are being served to them.

     "Good, he should know who he is messing with." Her brother replied.

     Giovanna glared at her brother still even though she knows, he just cares about her.

     "Yes as you should. I am not a Carmichael by name now, John. I am a Sterling. You need to be careful of who you make enemies, you are an Earl now. The Earl of Rylan." Giovanna leaned forward towards the long formal table of their dining room.

     "God, I am not. I am Lord John Carmichael only!" Her brother childishly protested.

     "You are rather the Earl of Rylan now. You have responsibilities weighing to you."

     "You have children depending on you." She continued while her brother shake his head to her. "Yes, I am the man of the house now but father would forever be that." John, her brother and Earl of Rylan replied while she nodded.

     They will always consider their father as the man of the house.

     He may not be there physically but he is there spiritually.

     "I am not like our father. His presence is always felt in the air, by his every single steps, and with his every actions. I will never be like father but I can continue the legacy he has built." John replied while Giovanna nodded at her brother.

     She is not going to disagree with him because it is indeed true.

     Her brother is not intimidating for her rather.