14|THE HAPPINESS

Her Grace, the Duchess of Bartley has outdone herself with a splendid end of the season ball. This Author particularly enjoyed and watched around to see different couples.
   But one thing that caught This Author's attention is that it seems like the new Stirling couple has their relationship re-establish and renewed. We hope that this happiness would not be taken away from them at any time.

The Privileged Papers

     She stood in the middle of the staircase after the ball of the Dowager Duchess of Bartley.

     "I am so sorry. I am quite late." He stated while she nodded.

     "At least, you come home alright and that contents me." She replied while they are heading to the bed with the staffs preparing for themselves to rest and retire. Do you want some tea?" She asked while he was unsure of what to answer.

     "I had the chef brew waiting for you and I asked for it to be in the balcony."

     He nodded with the two of them heading to the balcony with smiles in their faces.

     He removed his cloak while smiling at his beloved wife. They silently eat but it was not an uncomfortable silence but rather a comfortable one where they both feel calm towards the silence it brings. "How do you think is the ball of Her Grace?" She asked while he smiled at her.

     While giving him his tea while he nodded taking a huge gulp with the biscuit.

     "Well, it is enjoying but I never got to dance with you though." He answered

     "Well, Her Grace grabbed me asking of what is happening with my life along with managing to grab my mother." Giovanna stated while he smiles at her. "We, of all people, know that the Dowager Duchess do know how to grab people."

     Jonathan said while she nodded laughing lightly.

     "I know, she is a total expert like no one can grab my mother just in a one swift move." She exclaimed.

     "Is she a witch?" He asked while she shake her head. "I am totally sure that she is not a witch. It seems like the Duchess wants to pair my brother with some eligible bachelorette." She replied while he shake his head trying his best to refrain himself from laughing out loud.

     "You know, she once tried to set me up because my mother is not as strong as your mother."

     "She tried to set me up with another eligible debutante which I gladly declined."

     "She whispered to me before grabbing you that she meant to set you up with me because you were highly eligible with your name carrying the Carmichael name." He continued while she nodded remembering the Dowager Duchess whispering to her in her first ball which is before her debut.

     "Well, I am eligible enough but I still have the thinking by the start as something different."

     "The first time, we danced. At your mother's ball, I remember saying to my brother who is suggesting you."

     "I said as I recall, I think you are shooting for that in the sky." Giovanna recalled their first encounter which she mildly remember what they did and talked about because she only remember his eyes. "So I am impossible?" He asked.