1~ Greenhill

"Dad, why the hell are we moving six hours away?" Carter complained as the rest of us started packing. Connor and Cooper were in their rooms packing, at least I hoped they were.

"Because Carter, I got a new job and it's six hours away" Dad answered with a slightly raised voice as he was packing up the kitchen.

"Right before my junior year? Why'd you have to take the job? You had a perfectly good one here." Carter argued.

Dad glared at Carter. "This is a good opportunity for our family. You need a little bit of small town in you, all of us do. Trust me you'll make new friends. It's not the end of the world." Dad rolled his eyes and continued packing.

Carter growled in frustration. "I hate this"

"Go pack up your room, Cora and I can finish in here" he pointed down the hallway to the rooms. Carter rolled his eyes and sauntered away angrily.

Dad ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "I'm doing the right thing, right? You're not upset, are you?" He asked me.

I shook my head and walked over to him. I helped put the plates and the bowls in the boxes.

"Change is hard at first, messy in the middle, and gorgeous at the end. Mom told me that before she left. I will never forget it." I smiled. "Change is good for everyone and I think this change will be the most gorgeous one we've seen in a long time." I kissed his cheek and continued to pack up the kitchen with him.

We packed the kitchen in silence for a long time. It wasn't until we were almost done that Dad broke the silence. "Did you finish packing up your room, Coco?"

"Almost, I have a few things lying around but pretty much everything is in boxes."

He nodded. "Can you go check on the boys please? The movers come in two hours."

I nodded and made my way to the bedrooms. I knocked twice on Connor's door before I entered.

All his stuff was packed up in boxes. He was working on putting some clothes in a box.

"Hey Con, are you almost done?" I asked my oldest brother sweetly.

"Just the clothes, did you need my help?" He folded the shirt that was in his hands before he gave me his full attention.

I shook my head at him. "Nope, but the movers are going to be here in two hours. Dad told me to check in on y'all"

"Well I'm ready here. Cooper probably needs help though so I might head in there"

I nodded. "I'm about to go check on him."

I left his room and headed to Cooper's, who is just across the hall. I knocked before I let myself in. He had hardly had anything in the boxes.

"Coop" I whined. "You have two hours before the movers here to get your shit together."

"I don't know where to start, there's just so much stuff" he whined.

"Start on your clothes, that are pretty much all laying on the floor" I groaned. "Connor's coming in here to help after he's done with his room."

Without another word, I left. Cooper is definitely something else.

Carter was the one I was dreading the most. He hates the idea of moving.

I knocked and walked in.

"Go away Cora." He growled as I walked into the room.

"Two hours," was all I said before I left the room in annoyance.

I took a deep breath before heading to my room and packing up what's left of my room.