30~ Deep Talks

We walked into his house hand in hand. We've been dating almost a month and it still seems crazy when he holds my hand and does everything in his power to make me smile.

"Mom, I'm home and Cora's here too" he called out.

"Come in the living room" she called back.

Will and I walked to the living room. There was an old lady, who I assumed was Will's grandma from the other side of the family.

"Hi Nona, I didn't know you were in town." Will smiled.

The lady stood up and reached out her arms to hug Will. Will let go of my hand and leaned over to hug her. It seemed hard for him considering he had to be at least a foot taller than her. It was honestly kind of cute and funny to see him bend down to hug his grandma.

Karla cleared her throat and nodded her head over to me.

"Nona," Will started and grabbed my hand to bring me closer to them. "This is my girlfriend, Cora. Cora, this is my other grandma Nona."

"Nice to meet you, ma'am" I smiled and went to shake her hand. She pulled me in for a hug instead.

"I've heard a lot about you, Cora. It's nice to finally meet you" She held me at her arms length and smiled at me.

I smiled at her.

"I trust Will has been treating you right?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow.

I laughed lightly. "Yes ma'am. He's been amazing, honestly." I assured her.

"He better. He's been raised to know better" she looked at him. "I approve of her" she told Will before going back to sit with Karla.

"Let's go up to my room." He took me by the hand once more. He kissed Karla and his Nona on the cheek and we went upstairs.

He hopped on his bed and laid down.

"I like her" I admitted as I crawled up on his bed and laid my head on his chest.

He wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled me on top of him. I kept my head on his chest and absentmindedly played with the ends of his hair. He gently rubbed my back.

"Good, because I think she likes you too" His voice vibrated through his chest.

"Are you excited for the baby?" I asked him.

Karla was due anytime now. It could be in two minutes or two weeks. We're all waiting anxiously to see him.

Will took a deep breath. "I don't know, Cor. Don't get me wrong, I'm freaking ecstatic. I know this baby will have every opportunity in life with us and no one will ever give up on him. I'm just scared."

I sat up and looked him in the eye. "Scared? Of what?" I asked.

"I don't know. I'm scared that I'm going to be a terrible big brother. There's almost a nineteen year difference between us. What if I'm nothing like everyone expects me to be? What if he ends up hating me because I'm going to be at college for four years?"

"Babe," I put a hand on his face. He melted into it. "I promise you, you're going to be a great big brother. He will love you, no matter the age gap, no matter how far away you are. You are amazing with Kenz. You are a great big brother and no one expects any more than that" I told him.

He grabbed my hand and pressed a kiss gently on my palm. "Thank you," he whispered. His lips grazed my palm as he spoke before he pressed another kiss to my hand.

"Anytime you need me, I'll be there. I don't care if it's two in the afternoon, or two in the morning." I said and kissed his forehead and laid my back on his chest.