2~ Football Boys

It's been a few weeks since we got here and the house was almost completely unpacked. Remi and I exchanged numbers after seeing each other at the store. We've been talking for the past two weeks and it felt nice to have a friend here that isn't one of my brothers.

This week was the first week of football for the boys, which meant I got the house to myself most of the time. The boys were always at practice or just working out up at the fields with Dad.

It was extremely hot that week so I decided it would be best for me to stay home. I invited Remi over one day.

"So have you met any of the football boys yet?" She asked as we plopped down on my couch with two strawberry lemonades and a bowl of grapes. We faced each other. We were on separate sides of the coach.

I shook my head. "Surprisingly not, but I didn't want to go to any of the practices this week. It's been way too hot for me"

She nodded in understanding. "Amen to that sister. I'd rather hang out inside with my new bestie" She winked at me and clinked our glasses. We both spilled into laughter.

"So I've met every one of your brothers except Carter, why is that?"

I sighed. "Because Carter hates the idea of the move and is always at practice or in his room. There's no in between." I rested my head on the back of the couch. "Any way new topic of discussion. You and Bryce?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

Her face turned red. "There's nothing going on between us, I promise. I told you we've known each other basically our entire lives."

"Your mouth is saying one thing, but your face is saying another" I teased. She shoved my arm in protest, which caused the both of us to fall into a fit of laughter. I gasped as an idea popped into my head. "Let's go to the Pizzeria and see Bryce." I hit her arms repeatedly in excitement.

"No" she whined in protest. "He's not there" She lied.

I know it was a lie because her ears turned red and she broke eye contact with me.

"You're lying, your ears turned red"

She threw her hands up to her ears and growled in frustration. "You've known me for like a week, how could you possibly know that?" She almost seemed impressed but she was mostly frustrated.

I shrugged into a fit of laughter. "I'm god at observation I guess" I jumped up of my couch. "Let's go, Connor left his car for me in case I needed it." I grabbed his keys off the hook. "And I think I need it" I winked at her.

She rolled her eyes but reluctantly got up off the couch and followed me. I made sure all the lights were off and the door was locked before I headed to the car.

I drove to the Pizzeria and we walked in. I didn't see Bryce yet, but there's still hope.

"Oh hey Remi" The lady at the host stand said.

"Hey Ellie," Remi answered.

"Just the two of you?" Ellie asked. The two of us nodded in response.

"Go sit down, you know the rules" She nodded over to the tables.

Remi nodded and led me to a table.

"This better be in Bryce's section" I whispered to her as we sat down.

She rolled her eyes, but smiled. "Only for you, Cor"

I smiled sweetly at her.

A few seconds later, Bryce walked up with a smile on his face. "Hey Rem, and Cora, right?"

I nodded with a smile. "Yep, she talked about me?"

He laughed and hung his head a little bit. "That she has. What do you want to drink?"