33~ The End

"Now that the equation involves only a single function of a single angle, your next task is to solve for that function value. To do that, you want to solve-" Mr. Pittman was interrupted by the door being opened. It was Dad who opened the door. I looked curiously over at him and Mr. Pittman. They had a silent conversation.

"Coco, Will" Dad said, effectively getting our attention. "Bring your stuff" he said beckoning us with his pointer finger.

We looked at each other in confusion before packing up and heading out of the classroom. I gave Summer a confused look as I walked out with Will.

"Dad? Is everything okay?" I asked. My voiced was laced with worry.

"Karla just went into labor. Michael called to get Will out of school. Cora, you're staying here, but you don't have to go back to trig. I just wanted to tell you what was going on and it was easier to explain that I needed both of you. Class is almost over anyway. Will, I mean this in the nicest way possible but get the hell out of here." Dad smiled.

Will's face lit up with excitement but I could tell he was a little worried, especially after the scare last week. I gave him a hug and kissed his cheek. "It'll be fine. I'll come see you later. Text me updates"

"I will, love you" he kissed me quickly before running out of the doors and to his truck.

I looked at Dad excitedly and the bell rang. Students came pouring out of the classrooms. Dad walked off to go teach his history class but not before placing a kiss to my head.

"So what's up?" Summer asked as her and Darren held hands walking up to me.

"Karla went into labor, Will's going to the hospital"

"Yay that's so exciting" Summer said, excitement laced her voice.

"I know right" I squealed. " I have to get to Psych, see you at lunch" I waved them bye and went to Ms. Chan's psychology class.

I was constantly checking my phone for updates on Karla. Everything seemed to be doing okay right now. I haven't heard anything from Will since he told me he made it to the hospital. There's probably nothing to update me on anyway.

My phone dinged and I instantly grabbed it to look at the text.

Everything is good. I'll call you at lunch

Will texted me. I let out a breath of relief I didn't know I was holding. Everything is fine. The scare last week not only scared Will but it also scared me.

I walked to lunch with Remi and Lena. Summer was with her boyfriend today.

"Where's Will? I haven't seen him since second period. He missed fourth and fifth" Lena asked.

"Karla went into labor so he went to the hospital. He's supposed to call for an update any minute" I explained.

Speaking of the devil, my phone rang and Will's contact picture flashed across the screen. I smiled and answered the call.

"Hey babe" I said in a chipper voice.

"Hey snowflake"

"What's happening?"

"Nothing major. We're still just waiting, I'm about to grab lunch, do you want me to bring you something? I have to go pick up Kenz anyway. She had a test she couldn't skip."

I stopped in the middle of the hallway. The girls stopped and looked at me in confusion I motioned for them to continue without me. "Are you sure? You really don't have to."

"Yes, I'm bringing Kenz a shake from Riley's because she couldn't come earlier and I love you. Burger or Chili cheese fries?" He insisted.

"Burger, lettuce and tomatoes, no pickles, unless you want me to die"