18~ Road Trip

"Ah, oh my gosh I'm so exited." I squealed. I threw my suitcase in the back of Will's truck. We decided to take his truck because there's a lot of room for luggage in the back of. The rest of us were stuffing in the back of the other two cars.

There's thirteen people coming on this trip. Our family, Will's family, Grayson, and Remi and her two siblings. Thirteen people means there's a lot of suitcases and three cars to fit them in.

We took Karla's suburban, Dad's equinox, and Will's truck. Karla, Michael, Kenzie, Grayson, Isaac, and Tabby are riding in Karla's car. Cooper, Connor and Dad were riding in Dad's car. Remi, Carter, Will and I are riding in Will's truck. Carter and Will agreed to switch out who drives. 

"I know me too" Remi squealed as I helped her put her fifty pound suitcase in the bed of the truck. She also put her two siblings suitcases in the truck.

"Three days at the beach, tanning in the sun. It's literally my dream vacation and add the fact that I'm not only going with my family but also my best friends. It's amazing."

"Are you girls gonna stand there daydreaming all day or are you gonna do something to make us leave faster?" Dad joked as he came out with his suitcase. He put it in the back of his car.

I slung my arm around Remi's shoulders. "You know us Dad a bunch of slackers." I joked.

Michael and Karla came to our house next. They were only a couple minutes later than everyone else.

"Okay guys are we almost ready to hit the road?" Michael asked.

We all nodded in excitement.

"Isaac and Tabby, you're riding with Karla and Michael." Remi told her siblings. She looked at Karla. "If they're any trouble call me, okay?"

Karla waved her off. "I'm sure they'll be fine." She smiled.

"You two behave, okay? If you give Karla any trouble, I will call mom" she threatened.

Both kids nodded understandingly.

"Hey snowflake, are you excited?" Will asked from behind me.

I turned to face him and hugged him. Despite him being there for almost thirty minutes, I still hadn't seen him.

"More than you know" I smiled.

"Okay, I think that's the last of it. Everyone in the cars let's go" Dad called. Everyone hopped in their respective cars and buckled up excitedly.

Will was driving for the first three hours and Carter the next three hours. We started the road trip off strong with the four of us singing to the music Will was playing. We also talked about what we did for the Fourth of July. Which wasn't much, we just had a family cook out.

We grabbed lunch around one o'clock. We just had some Wendy's. It was a fast option to keep us on the road. We still had six more hours left until we go there.

After hour lunch, the car got quiet. The boys started talking about college football and Remi was out. The music was still playing faintly in the background. I was playing a game on my phone until it got boring and I decided to take a nap. I put my headphones in and played some music.

I was shook awake by someone. I opened my eyes to see Will in my immediate line of sight.

"We're stopping for a bathroom break. Just thought I'd let you know" he smiled at me.

I sat up. "Wait for me" I told him. I unbuckled my seat belt before I slipped on my shoes. Will did as he was told and waited just outside the car.

The boys were in line getting snacks, but I headed straight to the bathroom. After I did my business, I washed my hands and found some snacks for me. I was one of the last ones back to the cars. Carter was driving now. I'm not sure if they switched just now or they switched while I was sleeping.