16~ Stargazing

The party was in pretty much full swing by the time we pulled up. The music was blasting and people were dancing. You could smell the alcohol in the air. It was different then most parties I've been to or thrown.

At the parties we've thrown, we usually hang around a bonfire and have an ice cold beer. There are times where we'll have a shot of tequila or something, but there's hardly ever this much alcohol.

"Ay Will!" Some guy calls out obviously drunk and still had a drink in his hand.

"Hey Clay" he did a bro hug with him. "These are my boys Connor, Cooper, and Carter and their sister, Cora."

He looked me up and down. The boys didn't notice it but Will did. He smacked Clay in the chest. I smiled slightly at Will.

Clay left with some other guy on promise of some beer pong.

"Cora, make sure you're around one of us four at all times" Carter ordered.

"We don't want you getting lost or hurt." Connor said.

I stare at my brothers in disbelief. "First of all, I'm almost seventeen and I can take care of myself. Second of all, I'm not dumb enough to go off by myself and I came with y'all why would I leave you."

"Guys she makes a fair point" Will shrugged.

"Thank you." I finally have someone on my side against the boys. "Let's just go and have some fun, okay?"

We walked more into the house and everyone was dancing up against each other in the cramped in the living room made dance floor. I don't ever see myself coming in here tonight and grinding up on someone. It's way out of my comfort zone.

"Ay yo Darren" Coop called out to Darren as he passed us in the hallway next to the kitchen.

Darren turned around to the sound of his name and smile when he saw our small group. He said something to the boys he was hinging with and walked over to us.

"Hey guys, what's up?" He asked. He was a noticeably tipsy but he wasn't drunk.

"Is Sam here?" Coop asked, loudly due to the blasting music in the room over.

I swear those two are usually attached at the hip. There's hardly been a time when I haven't seen the two of them together.

"Nah, he had to babysit  the twins while Wanda and Zach went to a party celebrating the pregnancy. I think I saw Cole here and maybe Nick." He shrugged.

The song that was currently playing ended and a new song took over the speakers. Darren's face lit up with excitement and he looked at Cooper. "Dude this is my favorite song" He grabbed Cooper and took him to the cramped dance floor.

I laughed and turned to the remaining bit of our group. "Let's go to the back, maybe it's quieter." I yelled over the music. They all nodded in agreement and we found our way to the backyard.

As I suspected, the backyard was much calmer. There was music playing but it wasn't blasting like it was in the house and people weren't going crazy dancing. It was mainly people talking in groups with drinks in their hands. There was a game of beer pong going on back here, but that was pretty much it.

We found a picnic table and sat there. I sat on the opposite side of Will and Carter sat on the right. Connor sat next to me on the opposite side of the other two.

"Alright, I'm in need of a drink, anyone want anything?" Connor asked.

"Corona" I said.

"I'm good with whatever" Carter shrugged.