03 • The Celebration (2)

Y/N'S POV

I walked back into our house, handing the ribbons to Mama. Three Ribbons.. Three Ribbons? Where's the other one?

“Oh no! I dropped one... I'm sorry Mama.”

I looked around but it was nowhere to be seen, where did I drop it?

“Ay, Mija. Be careful next time, okay?”

She said, tying her hair up with the ribbons. I nodded and sighed. What a jerk.. he didn't have to embarrass me Infront of his friends..

“We're ready, Mama.”

Marcos stated, adjusting his collar. Matias stood beside him, a small smile displayed on his lips.

“Alright, let's go everyone.”

Mama said, fixing her hair one last time. We walked to La Casa Madrigal, the event from Mrs.García's shop replaying in my head. I felt my face heat up again, making me groan.

My brothers seemed to notice, they looked at each other, smirking. Oh boy, here we go. They rested their arms on my shoulder, weighing me down.

“What's wrong, dear sister?”

Matias asked, grinning at me. I rolled my eyes.

“Nothing's wrong."

I answered simply.

“Well, you're as red as a Tomato Sauce right now. Are you sick?.. or are you thinking about someone? a crush, perhaps?”

Marcos asked with the same expression Matias had on his stupid face, I gasped and playfully pushed them away.

“Stop it! I'm not crushing on anybody, and I won't be.”

I rolled my eyes but they only laughed at me.

“Suuuurrreee~” They said in unison.

Mama knocked on the doors of Casita, Casita didn't wait for anyone to open the door anymore and just opened itself, dragging us in with its tiles.

I chuckled and tried to balance myself. A few other people were also helping the Madrigals set up for the Celebration.

“Ah! The L/n's, it's so nice to see you all again. Thank you for coming!”

Abuela Alma said, walking down the stairs to greet us.

“We'd be happy to help.”

Mama said, ushering us to go help the others.

The twins walked over to Luisa and the other townsfolk who were carrying a few crates full of decorations.

I looked around and saw Mirabel placing jars on the kitchen counter. I walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention.

She turned around, a smile immediately appearing on her face.

“Y/n! It's so nice to see you again! How are you doing?”

She exclaimed excitedly, giving me a quick hug. She was also the same age as me, and Camilo.

“Hola, Mirabel! I'm doing good, you need any help?”

I asked, standing beside her.

“Sure, you can start setting up the tables outside. I'll be with you in a bit.”

I nodded and grabbed the table covers before heading outside to prepare the tables.

“Hola, Y/n, right?”