14 • A Mission

-
“So, Bonita. What were you gonna tell me?”

He curiously looked at me, patting the spot beside him. I walked up to him and sat down, taking out the envelope from my bag.

“The Admirer sent another letter, but look!”

I enthusiastically stated, turning the envelope and placing it on his hand. The letter C in clear view.

“C? That's the first letter of their name?”

He asked, looking up at me. I shrugged.

“I don't know, probably.”

He then opened the envelope to read the letter. Chuckling before returning it to me.

“So, he gave you that necklace, huh.”

He says, gesturing on the necklace that comfortably hung from my neck. I giggled, nodding.

“Yeah, it's my first time receiving gifts like these.”

I confessed, playing with the necklace's pendant. He then smiles and nods.

“Oh! Do you wanna go hang out? I have free time today since I'm done with my chore.”

He looks at me and laughs, leaning in closer to me.

“Are you asking me out on a date?”

He asked, giving me a lopsided grin. I playfully rolled my eyes, crossing my arms.

“Yes, I am. Are you going to reject the offer?”

I jokingly stated. He seemed taken aback with my answer, his face turning a bright shade of red. I laughed, hopping off of the branch.

“C'mon, let's walk around Encanto.”

He nods, putting on his ruana before following me. He opens the door, letting me out first. The second he stepped out of the room, the once beautiful place melted back to its previous form. Camilo's room.

He then closed the door, giving me a smirk.

“Stop peeking and let's go.”

---

We stepped out of the Casita, the bright sun kissing our skins. After a bit of walking, kids started to gather around us, wanting to play with Camilo.

“Sorry, Hermosa. Looks like I won't be able to hang out.”

He smiled apologetically. I smiled back, patting his shoulder to let him know it was okay.

“It's alright, I'll go find Mirabel instead. I'll see you later!”

I said, waving to him goodbye before walking away. The kids love him a lot.

I was looking around for Mirabel when I heard a familiar voice calling out to someone. Is that Mirabel?

“Luisa! Luisa!”

I walked over to where the sound came from and saw Mirabel awkwardly climbing over a wall.

“Mi..Mirabel? What are you doing?”

I reached my hand up to help her get down which she gladly took. She breathlessly smiled at me, holding my hand before dragging me with her.

“I'll.. tell you later. Luisa! Hey!”

She exclaims, trying to catch up with Luisa. I looked at the two confused. Luisa seemed tense and Mirabel was still out of breath.

“Luisa, wait a second!”

Luisa looks back, seeing us seemed to make her walk faster.

“You gotta tell me about the magic. What’s going on? What are you hiding?”