23 • Confessions

Y/N'S POV

I sat down on a bench to eat the Arepa I got from Camilo. I heaved a sigh before taking a bite, the cheesy taste making my taste buds tingle.

I closed my eyes, the tiredness from all the work just kicking in. I then heard someone sit beside me, making me open my eyes. I turned my head, seeing the familiar yellow ruana.

He looked down at me, smiling.

“Hola, Y/n. What are you doing here alone?”

He asked, raising an eyebrow. I shrugged, taking another bite from my Arepa.

“I guess.. I don't want anyone disturbing me right now.”

I chuckled, my brothers' teasing and non-stop talking playing in my head.

“Hm? Well, I better be taking my leave then.”

He stood up, making me hold onto his ruana.

“I was.. referring to my brothers, I don't mind.. if you stay.”

I looked away, realizing my actions. Oh god, he probably thinks I want him to be with me.. Do i?

I felt my cheeks heat up, making me let go of his Ruana. He smirked, a hint of pink visible on his cheeks.

He sat back down, scooting in closer so our shoulders were touching.

“Alright, if you say so Hermosa.”

I took a bite off my Arepa to hide my flustered smile. He closed his eyes, a small smile still plastered on his lips.

We stayed like that for a bit. Comfortable silence surrounded us, only the sound of the townspeople talking and the renovation could be heard.

“Oi, Camilo. You better not be asleep.”

I joked, breaking the silence between us. He groaned, stretching. Purposely hitting my face with his arm.

I whined, lightly hitting his arm which only made him chuckle. He opened his eyes and was about to say something when --

“Y/N! CAMILO!”

We turned our heads, seeing Mirabel and Isabela running up to us. It was nice to see the two finally getting along.

“Hola! What's up?”

I asked, looking up at their smiling faces.

“We have a plan!”

The two exclaimed excitedly, making me and Camilo look at eachother.

-

I nodded at the two who just finished explaining their plan. Apparently they were going to make Mariano fall for Dolores who actually likes him.

I shuffled behind the cart full of what I assume to be wheat.

“That's a good plan!”

I nodded in approval, making the two smile proudly.

“Eh, it is.. if it works.”

Camilo shrugged making Mirabel roll her eyes at her primo.

“I'm positive it will, you guys can watch behind this cart.”

She confidently stated, patting the wooden wheel.

“Seems like Dolores' in position, go ahead Mira. You can do this, my life depends on you.”

Isabela says half jokingly, peeking from the pile of wheat.

“Goodluck!”

I smiled, getting in position to watch. Camilo gave her two thumbs up before crouching beside me.

We watched as Mirabel approached the sulking Mariano who sat in front of the front door.

“Hey, Mariano. Why so blue?”

He looks at her as she sat down beside him. He sighs sadly.

“I... just have so much love inside...”

I giggled at Mariano's answer, making the two beside me chuckle.

“Y'know, I've got this cousin too. Have you met Dolores?”

She asks, taking Mariano's hand so they could stand up. Suddenly, Dolores came out of nowhere.

“Okay I'll take it from here, g'bye!”

Dolores shoos Mirabel off, hip bumping her away. Mirabel tumbled for a bit, making her laugh afterwards.

“Oh boy, here we go.”

Camilo says, a small smirk plastered across his face.

“You talk so loud, you take care of your Mother and you make her proud. You write your own poetry every night when you go to sleep, and I'm seizing the moment so won't you wake up and notice me?”

Dolores quickly sings with hopeful eyes looking up at Mariano who looked awestruck.

“Dolores.. I see you..”

He says, smiling at her. A hint of red covered his cheeks and his ears. Dolores smiled widely, nodding at him.

“And I hear you..”

“YES!”

The three of us high fived eachother. Isabela sighed in relief, hugging her sister.

“Hmm, can't believe it actually worked..”

Camilo stated, grinning at the two sisters. The two looked at eachother before giving Camilo and I a mischievous look.

Suddenly, Isabela grabs Camilo and Mirabel grabs me. Pulling us at the middle of the place. What's going on?

CAMILO'S POV

“Go on, Camilo. It's been so obvious and we're getting tired of it.”

Isabela says, letting me go and crossing her arms. I look at her as if she was crazy.

“Wha-- what?!”

I exclaimed, fixing my Ruana. I glanced at
Y/n who only looked confused as Mirabel rests an arm around her shoulders.

“Go on..”

Someone says behind me. I turn around, seeing Mine and Y/n's family with a few other townspeople. Was this also part of their plan?

I looks at my father and then Y/n's mother who only smiled and nodded at me.

I exhaled nervously before glancing back at Y/n. It's now or never. Time for confessions.

---

A/N:

SHEET IT'S ALMOST THE END OF THIS FANFIC! I'm so thankful for all of your support and comments and votes and reads to this story^^ We're already in 13k reads y'all I'm so proud😭❤️TYSM

This meme made me choke🤸🏻‍♀️🤸🏻‍♀️🤸🏻‍♀️

-author rance♡(˃͈ દ ˂͈ ༶ )

Word Count: 914