05 • The Letter

Y/N'S POV

We walked back home, I stretched my arms and yawned, the tiredness finally kicking in. I want to go to sleep already. Preparation was so tiring, I wonder how the Madrigals do it.

"How was the Celebration? Did you guys enjoy yourselves?" Mamá asked.

"Yeah, it was fun. Carrying stuff was so tiring though, Luisa makes it look so effortless."

Matias stated, Marcos hummed in agreement beside him.

"The party was fun, we danced with our friends."

Marcos said, hip bumping me after his statement.

"Y/n, definitely enjoyed her evening as well, isn't that right?"

Matias teased, resting his arm on my head. I rolled my eyes and shoved it away.

"You and Camilo were like.."

Matias and Marcos held each other, exaggeratedly impersonation me and Camilo earlier.

"I danced with Camilo because he's my friend. Shut up, both of you."

I retorted, only causing them to make fun of me more.

"Ay! Behave you two, it's nice that Y/n's already befriending some of the Madrigals."

I nodded, my brothers finally stopped the teasing when we got home.

We exchanged our goodnights before heading to our rooms. I immediately changed into my nightgown and plopped down on my bed. I could feel my back crack when my muscles finally relaxed.

I sighed contently but I couldn't sleep. I turned to my side and noticed that my curtain was open. I groaned tiredly, I didn't want to get up from my bed.

I sluggishly sat up and walked to the window, but before I could close the curtains, a brown envelope pinned in-between my window caught my eye.

"What's this?" I whispered to myself.

I grabbed it and closed the curtains before walking back to my bed to inspect it.

The Envelope was neat and had no wrinkle whatsoever, and It had no signature or name of whoever it was from.

I opened it gently, pulling out a folded paper. Unfolding it, it revealed fairly nice handwriting.

"Dear Y/n,"

My eyes widened in surprise. It's for me?
I looked back at the letter and continued to read.

Dear Y/n,

Good evening, I've made this letter to confess to you how I feel. Y/n, I like you. I don't know if you like me back or if you ever will like me back. I wouldn't mind either way.

I wanted to get this off my chest before I started acting weird around you. I hope to be good friends with you in the future.

Secret Admirer.
p.s
you looked beautiful tonight♥

I could feel my face heating up, I placed the letter on my bed and covered my face. Is this real? Does someone actually like me?

I took my hands off my face and re-read the letter. I couldn't believe that this was real, unless it was a prank. It wouldn't be a very good prank.

I placed the letter back in the Envelope and carefully put it in my satchel. I think a certain friend would want to see this.