07 • A Pretty Gift for a Pretty Girl

Y/N'S POV

I placed my satchel down on our sofa and stretched tiredly. Walking down the mountain took a toll on my energy.

“Hola, Mi Hija. How was your day?”

Mamá asked, preparing dinner in the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen to go help her.

“It was fun! The town's so beautiful.”

“I see, you and that Madrigal boy's getting along pretty well, huh?”

She grins at me, wriggling her eyebrow.

“He's my friend Mamá, of course, we're getting along well.”

I reasoned, cutting up some carrots for the stew she was making. She hummed, carefully grabbing the knife from me.

“You go get changed, Mija. Dinner's almost ready.”

I nodded and grabbed my satchel. I walked up the stairs to head to my room, passing by Marcos.

“Oh hey, look who's back. How was your date?”

He teased, I glared at him.

“It wasn't a date, Marcos.”

He shrugs, giving me a teasing grin.

“Hmmm? seemed like it was.”

He continues, I ignored him and headed to my room. Closing the door behind me. He gets so annoying sometimes.

I hung my satchel behind my door, walking to my closet afterward to find myself comfortable clothes.

After changing, I glanced at the closed curtains of my window. I wonder if there's gonna be another letter.

I walked up to my window, slowly opening the curtains. I could feel my heartbeat quicken when I saw another brown envelope, but it was weirdly placed outside of my window now.

I carefully opened my window and grabbed it, closing it afterward. It felt a bit heavier. Is there something else inside?

“Y/n, Marcos, Matias! Dinner's ready!”

My mother exclaimed from downstairs. I swiftly placed the envelope inside my bedside table's drawer before heading downstairs to help Mamá. I'll check it out later.

“So, Mija. Where did you and Camilo go?”

Mamá asked, earning a chuckle from Marcos and Matias. I glared at both of them before answering.

“He showed me this really beautiful place at the mountains. You could even see the whole town from up there.”

“Wow! Seems like a pretty nice place for a da–”

Matias' words were cut off when we heard a knock at the door.

“Marcos, could you check who's at the door please?”

Marcos nodded, placing the last bowl of stew on the table before heading to the front door.

Matias leaned onto me and whispered.

“Date.”

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Shoving his face away from me.

“Stop it!”

He laughed before starting to eat his stew. I picked up my spoon to start eating as well.

“Mamá! It's Abuela Alma!”

Marcos announced, we all looked up from our plates. Seeing Marcos and Abuela walk in.

“Señora! It's so nice to see you again, what brings you here?”

Mamá stood up, greeting her.

“I'm sorry, It seems that I disrupted your dinner. I just came here to let you all know that my grandson, Antonio's birthday and gift ceremony is in 2 days. Everyone is invited, I'll be looking forward to your attendance.” She smiled at us.

“Thank you, Señora. We'll be looking forward to the Ceremony!”

---

I sighed and sat down on my bed, I already felt tired and it wasn't even that late yet. I glanced at the clock hanging on my wall, 7 PM.

I turned to my bedside table. I opened the drawer, grabbing the envelope. I nervously took a deep breath before taking out the folded paper inside. Why am I even nervous?

The same handwriting was plastered across the paper.

Dear Y/n,

I hope you're not too weirded out with the last letter. I'd love for you to know who I am but I don't think I have the courage yet.

I promise to let you know soon, Y/n.
For now, I can only give these letters.
But, here's a pretty gift, for a pretty girl.

Secret Admirer.

I smiled while I read the letter. Gift. I grabbed the envelope and checked if there was anything in it.

Sure enough, a necklace fell out of the envelope and onto my hands.

I held up the necklace in my hand. A beautiful rose-gold necklace with a heart-shaped gem as a pendant. It's so beautiful.

I felt my heart race and my cheeks heat up. I've never felt like this before. I placed it around my neck and looked at myself in the mirror. A pretty gift for a pretty girl. I smiled. I can't wait to meet this person.

---

A/N:
HELLO! Sorry for the short chapter. It's kinda like a filler chapter but idk HAHSHAHHAHAAH anyway, I HAVE MEASLES :) so that's why I've been feeling like sht for 2 days.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter though, probably not, probably yes, either way you're a simp for Camilo.

- author rance 乁( . ര ʖ̯ ര . )ㄏ

Word Count: 817