Distance

Daryl's P.O.V.

Distant. That's what I've been for the past two days. Beth has tried to get me to talk about what had happened that day but i wouldn't talk to her. Rick has tried to talk to me about the day 'hunt' i went on and came back with no food. Everyone has tried to talk to me about something except X, Alex, or what ever the hell her name is.

Beth has told me that she has asked Rick for the key to block A and hasn't came back. Lately I've been getting this sting threw my body. I'm weak at times. Sometimes i feel like i can't breathe. It feels like my body is just shutting down. Hershal says its probably because my body is use to being active and me being cooped up in this cell is making my body act this way.

I think about what i saw that day every second of every day.i think about how I saw two human's turn into wolves. I think about how that woman touched me all over. I think about how scared for my life i was.

I'm sorry The voice rang threw my head again.

Lately there has been a female voice saying 'I'm sorry' every time i think about that day. I've tried to ask the voice many things but it only says 'I'm sorry' and 'I could have saved you sooner' also every now and then it will say 'I'm leaving soon so you wont have to deal with me again'. It's so confusing.

"Daryl," i look up to see Beth, "you need to see this."

She comes into the cell and helps me stand. We slowly make our way to Cell Block A. When we get there a loud cough comes from inside. We slowly go up the stairs and over to a cell. Inside the cell laid X but she didn't look like herself.

Alex's P.O.V.

I can't do anything by myself anymore. Me being away from Daryl is killing me. I feel myself get weeker every second of every day. My body is slowly shutting down and it is painfull as hell. I groaned and clutched my stomach tighter as i felt pain radiate threw me.

"Tell me something that can help you." Beth begged beside me.

"N...Not...Nothing c..can h..help." i cough out.

Beth has been here trying to help me but nothing can help me unless Daryl accepts me. I scream out in pain as my back felt like it was set on fire. My back bone is out. Beth starts to panic.

"There has to be something i can do." She is practically begging.

"D...Daryl." I choke out then let out another painful cough.

Beth nods and runs out of the cell. Minutes pass and i felt my skin warm and i knew Daryl was there. I was in to much pain to be able to look up at them. I felt sadness come from Daryl. I went go move to show that I'm ok but it lead me to fall off the bed.

I waited for the impact but instead i get arms. Arms that made me feel safe and happy. Daryl's arms.

Daryl's P.O.V.

I saw her start to move but noticed she was to close to the edge of bed to move much. I ignored the pain i was in and quickly caught her before she could hit the cold concrete floor. She fell into my arms and i held her close to me. Her head laid in my chest and her arms fell over her.

"Alex!" Beth exclaimed falling to the floor in front of us.

"What's wrong with her?" I ask looking up at Beth for answers.

She looks down at Alex and Alex gives her a small nod. Beth takes a deep breath. "This might sound nuts but she (points to Alex) is um...mated to you." Beth says letting the breath out.