Bit

Alex's P.O.V.

-Year Later-

I watch as the twins run around as if there is nothing wrong with the world. Because of us being wolves we grow alot faster then humans do so the twins are now 6. Everyone knows we're wolves because the governor had attacked us again and I wanted to protect my family so I had accidentally shifted infront of everyone.

It gook a while but mostly everyone accepted us. The one who didn't was Carol. She threatened to kill me and the twins so Rick kicked her out. She hasn't been back sense.

"Daddy!" Lilly squills running behind me.

I turn to see Daryl holding Lilly and walking over to us. I felt something jump on me and I turn to see Hunter. Daryl sat beside us with Lilly in his lap.

Suddenly a hight pitch scream broke the air. I see Maggie and Michonne running from a herd of walkers that just broke the fence down. Quickly I shift and run towards the heard. I rupped a walker away from Maggie and kill as many as I could. I felt a pain come from my leg and I let out a loud wimper.

"Mommy!" I hear.

I look up to see the twins shift and start running towards me. I start to panic. I rip the walker from my leg and hobble towards the twins. I pick the up by their scruffs and go as fast as I could to Daryl. He takes them and puts them in the back of the truck, then helps me in, then gets in himself. He hits the truck window and the truck jerks into movement.

I shift back human and Daryl throws a blanket over my naked body. His face was tear stained. I feel two wet noses touch my face and I turn to see the twins looking down at me. Fear was clear in their eyes.

They both shift human and I pull them into my arms. "Don't be scared," I whisper to them, "You two will make it threw this."

"Please don't leave mommy." Hunter cries.

"I'll always be here." I smile up at them.

The truck comes to a stop and soon I'm being lifted from the back. I'm carried over to a tree but instead of being leaned against it Im put in a lap. I look up to see Daryl. His face was tear stained.

"There has ta be sumthin' ta help ya." He says threw silent sobs.

"Nothing can help me." I say lifting my hand and placing it on his cheek.

"Don't make me do this," He says, "I can't."

"You don't have to," I take the pistol from his hands, "I need you to promise something."

"Anythin'." He say as more rivers of tears fall.

"The twins have to live. They can't be afraid of walkers," I say then groan in pain, "Protect them. Keep them alive."
"How can I do it alone?" He ask.

"You won't be alone. You have the group to help." I whisper.

"But I don't have you." He says.

"I'll always be here," I lean up and give him one last kiss, "always."

I put the gun to my head and look away from Daryl. I felt fingers go under my chin and my head moved back to Daryl.  He takes the gun from my hand and holds it in his.

"Guess what?" He ask a small smile forming on hia lips.

"What?" I ask smiling. 

He leans in and gives me a kiss. "You'll always be my mate." He says then everything went black.