Chapter 9: First Day

Joella

"Haden, I will call you on my break okay? Stop worrying." I stated with a huff. I've been trying to leave out for the past 20 minutes but Haden has stopped me every time with new questions and rules. 

"I can't help it tesoro, I don't trust Josh." He stated, his arms tightening around my waist. I rolled my eyes.  "Don't roll your eyes at me." 

I rolled them again. 

"I don't trust him either Haden. I know how to keep my distance. Who's to say I will see him anyway, he works with his dad on the top floor."

"Yea, well I won't be surprised if you end up on said floor as well."

I sighed, he was going to make me late.

"Haden, I can not be late on my first day." I said slightly defeated. 

His shoulders slumped as he studied my face.

"I'm ruining your first day. I'm sorry. At least let me take you to work." He said softly before placing a soft kiss on my lips. 

I nodded and he grabbed my hand after grabbing his keys and we walked out of his penthouse.

>>>

"Good morning Ms. Stevens." I turned around to see Allen with a cup of coffee in his hand. 

"Coffee?" He asked holding the cup out to me. I nodded with a grateful smile. 

"Thank you, Allen." He nodded as he started to walk with me.

"Excited for your first day?" He asked as we walked to the Elevators.

"I am actually, I'm ready to learn."

We walked into the elevator as Allen pressed the button for the 25th floor.

"I thought my office was on the 17th floor?" I asked confused.

"We are still working out the details. As of now, Mr. Hamilton has requested your presence."

'Oh boy' I thought to myself. Please let it be senior.

The doors opened and Allen lead me down the hall to the big glass double doors. He opened it revealing a much bigger space. A receptionist sat to our right as she looked up at us with a smile on her face. 

"Good morning Allen, Good morning Joella." 

I was a little taken aback that she already knew my name. I smiled and greeted her back as well as Allen.

"Mr. Hamilton busy?" Allen asked. 

"He's always busy Allen, but he is expecting you two." She said as she picked up the phone. She motioned for us to go to his office as she began to speak to whoever on the phone. 

I followed Allen around the corner to see two more large glass doors. Allen opened the door and motioned for me to go in first. I walked in and sighed a breath of relief as I saw it was senior. 

"Good morning Mr. Hamilton." I greeted, he looked up from his files and smiled, standing up right away.

"Good morning Joella, I am so happy you decided to work with us. My goodness look at you. Junior isn't going to know what to do when he sees you." He said with a chuckle.