Chapter 53: Tough Decisions

Haden

"I will ship her off. You will never have to worry about her again." Leo all but begged.

I had all the information I needed. I knew where Maxim was hiding out. He was planning to attack our wedding day. Our fucking wedding day. The news made me want to kill Riccardo and Julia more. Not only were they plotting against me and willing to let Maxim take Ella, but they wanted to turn our happiest day into a complete nightmare.

I stayed silent, Riccardo could barely keep his eyes open. He was beaten up pretty bad. I considered it a mercy, I didn't torture him, just beat him to an inch of his life. His cheek bone and jaw were most definitely broken, along with his femur and a few broken ribs. He was in pain, but he was still alive.

Julia wasn't nearly as harmed as I wanted her to be. For whatever reason, Micah asked me to go easier on her. I'm pretty sure they've fucked, otherwise he wouldn't have said anything to me about it. Out of everyone here, Micah knows and understands how I am about Ella. He's been there since elementary school. So if he was asking, then he must have some care for her.

Dante' still paced the floor. He hadn't said anything but I knew he was angry. His glares weren't unnoticed, but I also took notice of the glares he gave to his father.

"If I let you send her off. What's to stop her from trying to come back?" I asked, matching Leo gaze.

"She won't. I can guarantee it. She will be married off to the Comiso's boy."

"Daddy! What-"

"Hush Julia, you have caused enough trouble!" Leo yelled.

I didn't miss the sharp intake of air Micah took behind me.

Yea they definitely fucked.

I looked at Julia, who now looked like she would rather die than marry a Comiso. They weren't a mafia family, but they were well known. They were comfortable, but Julia wanted luxury, she would still be well taken care of just not in the same manner she is used to.

To Julia, this was worst than death.

I turned my attention away from her. The Comiso's stayed in Sicily, Julia wouldn't be back. We would have to take more trips to Sicily with me taking over but I would never run into her. The Comiso's were known for their small family restaurant. They had great food, but they were a homely people, stayed in their lane, Julia would fall into the shadows of our world. Something she would hate. Somehow, knowing she will be miserable, married to a man she didn't want, brought my dark heart joy. However I didn't like that Micah was upset.

I'll find him someone better

I heard a huff behind me and turned my attention to Dante'. Slowly I walked over to him as his sharp gaze landed on me. He stopped pacing and placed his hands in his pockets.

"You seem troubled." He scoffed and looked away.

"Understatement of the year."

I moved closer and leaned forward.

"Come take a walk with me." I said casually as I headed out the back doors.

"Haden" Leo called.

I waved my hand in dismissal.

"Send her off, she needs to be gone before I come back and change my mind."

We walked out the doors and walked down the gravel leading to the open forest. Dante' would occasionally look at me but I stayed quiet until we made it past the trees and to a small pond. It was dark and eerie out but the moon made it beautiful. It calmed me for a second as my mind briefly went to Ella, remembering the times we sat out by the pond at my grandpas cabin.

Dante' let out a sigh and I finally turned my attention to him. The hard look on his face was gone, now he just looked defeated.

Before I could even speak, he shook his head and looked at me.

"You have to kill him."

Well...wasn't expecting that.

"Why do you say that?" I asked calmly.

Dante' looked up to the sky. I didn't miss the shine forming in his eyes.

"He won't stop. You let him live, you're just prolonging the inevitable. He will come after you, Joella and your unborn babies."

I already knew that. I knew Riccardo couldn't live, his disdain for my woman was too great. I really just needed to know if Dante' had to go with him.

"I-" he paused, "You know I love my dad. But he has preached loyalty to me for years. Loyalty, honor, respect, and he goes and does this. I'm fucking angry. But...fuck, he's my dad."

I nodded in understanding.

"I know, so here's the deal Dante'. If you want him to stay alive, he can stay alive. But if he comes after me and mine, I'm coming for all of you. If you want him dead, you do it."

I could tell he wasn't expecting my response by the shocked look on his face. I kept my face blank as I looked back at him. It was a test, if he meant what he said, he would stand by it.

Without saying another word, I headed back to the warehouse.

"I'll do it." He called out.

"Good choice." I called back as I continued to walk back to the doors.

When I opened the heavy doors, the loud creak brought Enzo, Micah, Gio and Luca's eyes to me. Leo and Julia were gone and Riccardo still sat in the chair, in and out of consciousness. Shortly after, Dante' walked through the door.

I looked back at him as he looked back at me. He gave a slight nod and I turned to Gio.

"Stay with Dante', Luca, Enzo, Micah, let's go."

Gio nodded, already understanding. Micah and Enzo looked confused as Luca casually walked out the building. As we all walked out Luca turned to me with a smirk.

"He's going to do it, isn't he."

I simply nodded.

"Wait, do what?" Enzo asked.

"Kill Riccardo." Luca answered with a shrug.

Micah let out a whistle.

"Wow"

"Yea"

"You think he'll go through with it?" Micah asked.

"With Gio in there with him. Yes he will." Luca answered.

As we made it to our cars. A loud BAM came from inside the secluded building. Micah and Enzo looked back before Enzo smirked briefly.

"Well damn, I didn't think he could do it." He said before he walked to his car and climbed in.

The guys all pulled off as I stayed back, leaning against the hood of my car with my hands in my pockets. A half hour later, Gio and Dante' walked out holding a large tarp. They both paused as they looked at me. With a small nod, I leaned off my car and walked around to the driver seat.

One of my men was already waiting next to the building in a blacked out van. I watched as they tossed the tarp holding Riccardo's body into the back of the van. After the doors closed and the van took off, I started my car and headed back home.

I need my babies.

Vote. Comment. Share ❤️