Chapter 33: One Thing or Another

Joella

"Girl, Nonna is low-key terrifying. How did we end up in a room with nothing but dangerous criminals?" Morgan said as she picked up a sliced pineapple and tossed it in her mouth.

I shook my head. "I'm not sure honestly. One day we're normal girls, going to school, minding our business, hating Haden, the next thing I know, we Mafia babes. I'm shook." I said, causing Morgan to laugh.

"No, seriously, you always talked about having this sweet husband who had a normal job. Out here with a whole Mafia crime boss and billionaire as your future husband and baby daddy." Morgan laughed again and I just shook my head with a smile on my face.

16-year-old Joella did not see this coming. Micah burst through the door looking frantic in the middle of our conversation.

"Hey Morg, hey Elle, have you guys seen a really beautiful girl walking around alone?"

Morgan and I stared at him with a blank faces.

"No, we haven't," Morgan answered.

The look on his face made me want to laugh.

"You like this girl?" I asked. Micah nodded as he walked more into the kitchen.

"She's gorgeous." He said with a sigh.

"That's it? Just gorgeous? No great personality? Good conversation? She's just gorgeous?" Morgan said in a sarcastic tone.

"Well, we've only talked like once," Micah said rubbing the back of his neck.

I smiled, I thought it was cute.

"Whoa everybody! ! Micah had ONE conversation. It's love! It's real! Bring out the rose pedals!" I couldn't help but laugh at Morgan's theatrics.

Micah glared at her before smiling and shaking his head.

"Getting pregnant made you mean."

I couldn't hold in my laughter. Micah shook his head after mumbling that he thought I loved him and headed back out the door

"Aww, Micah! I do love you!" I yelled out.

He poked his head back in.

"Ella don't scream that! Have Haden on my ass in seconds." He said and closed the door.

Morgan and I continued to laugh as he smirked and closed the door.

As we calmed down, our attention was pulled back to the door as a girl walked in. She was gorgeous but I could tell she was uncomfortable. She hesitated slightly before continuing to walk in further.

"Oh hello"

I said with a smile and wave. Morgan watched her cautiously but that wasn't surprising. Morgan was never the type to easily warm up to strangers. Add on about to be a new mom and her caution intensified.

"Uh hi." She responded awkwardly. Her golden hazel eyes showed caution.

"I'm Joella and this is Morgan. You must be the girl who Micah lost, he ran in here panicking looking for you." I chuckled looking over at Morgan who had a smirk on her face.

She mentioned how she got lost but Tony found her and brought her to the kitchen with us before running off.

He must be crushing too.

"I'm Mia, Raul's granddaughter." She said awkwardly as she drew closer.

"He must have a crush too," Morgan smirked before taking a sip of water. I shook my head, she was always telling.

"Too?" Mia asked.

"You should be aware that Micah is practically in love with you."

"Morgan!" I scolded. See what I mean. Always telling somebody's business.

"What? It's true?"

"Don't put his business out there." I scolded.

Morgan snickered before we turned out attention back to Mia. She asked if Micah would turn into a stalker. Morgan let her know he was harmless with a wave of her hand.

"Haden however, is a completely different story." I shrugged.

"He has trust issues."

"Haden doesn't trust his own shadow." Morgan deadpanned.

Rolling my shoulders, I turned to face Morgan.

"He has a reason to not trust anyone, look at what people have done to him, and family at that. He trusts the people he knows he can rely on. Morgan you know if he trusts you then you have his loyalty, his protection, his care, his-"

"Joella are you dating Haden?" Mia asked making me pause.

It was the tone of her voice when she asked the question. I smiled slightly.

"I am, but can I ask why did you say it like that?"

"I don't like him."

Okay...

"Oh-"

"Not even a little."

"You just-"

"I want to curb stomp his face in."

Okay girl, hold up.

Morgan laughed and touched my shoulder as I began to speak.

"I don't even blame you. I felt the same way when I first met him."

"But you had a reason," I stated impatiently. I was annoyed, yes Haden could be cold and an asshole, but it was rare for him to just be straight out disrespectful to someone he just met. If anything he would stay quiet and observe.

I turned back to Mia, pushing down the fire I felt building up inside of me to defend my man.

"But you don't even have a reason," I stated.

She shrugged her shoulders, matching my gaze.

"Have you ever come across someone you hardly knew and just wanted to beat their ass?"

"No" I stated with a frown.

"Yes," Morgan said at the same time with a smile.

She called me a sweetheart and said I would understand when I experienced it. I doubt I ever would. Morgan laughed causing me to shake my head at both of them.

"I'm done with the both of you."

Morgan caught her breath and asked if Mia was going to give Micah a chance. Mia said she wasn't interested and hasn't been having the best of luck with men. I understood when she said Nicholas was her ex-boyfriend. I was even more shocked when she stated she dated Kaleb too. But from the sounds of things, they weren't on good terms.

Suddenly the door swung open and two boys who looked very similar rushed in. The urgency in their voices as they called Mia made all of us stand.

"Am I going crazy or did I see double?" Morgan asked.

"Those are my brothers, we're triplets," Mia stated as she pushed through the door.

Walking into the hall I watched as a family was being escorted in by Raul and Nonna. I didn't know any of them but when my eyes landed on one pair of blue eyes, I froze.

Morgan stopped next to me as soon as his eyes met mine. A mischievous glint flashed in his eyes before he winked and followed behind Nonna. Great...if it's not one thing it's always something else.

Maxim was here. My mind instantly went to Haden. As if he could hear my mental call, he was already rushing out of the dining room to find me.

.
.
.

Hope you enjoyed it!
Vote. Comment. Share