Chapter 42: Special Announcement

2 weeks later...

Haden

Hopping out of my car, the car beeped as I locked the doors. My eyes squinted as I watched the figure coming from my Dad and Stella's home.

His eyes met mine and I didn't miss the hint of disdain in his eyes. Flashing my signature smile, he stopped after we reached a good distance.

"Still trying to take my woman on a date I hear," I said with the same cocky smile etched on my face.

Brandon licked his lips in frustration while turning to look at nothing in particular.

"She said no anyway so why does it matter?" He asked turning his gaze back to me.

I took a step forward.

"Stay away from my woman."

Brandon smirked before letting out a chuckle.

"Why? You threatened?"

Now it was my turn to laugh.

"Why would I feel threatened? I have something you will never have."

"If that's true, then why are you in my face? Better yet, why have me shipped off?"

I smirked.

"Oh, you found out about that huh."

"Yea I did. But it just came as confirmation. You saw me as a threat and you and I both know, if I had stayed here, I would be the one with Ella on my arm and you watching from the sidelines."

"Oh really?"

"Yes." He stepped forward.

"It's no secret that Ella is attracted to me. You're just lucky you have one of the most honest, loyal girls God could bless a man with. Don't fuck up, because I promise I will be there in a heartbeat to pick up the pieces."

If it wasn't for the fact that I could see Stella staring out the window, I would have punched him dead in his fucking face.

I took another step forward.

"Brandon, I did you a favor by just having your dad shipped off. Don't make me send you away permanently." I warned.

"You threatening me now."

"Yes."

His face showed slight shock at how quickly I responded. But I wanted him to know this was not a game. Maxim was already on the kill list, I had no problem adding Brandon to it.

"Do you know who you are talking to?" Brandon asked and I couldn't help but laugh. My face straightened as I held his glare.

"The real question is, do you know who you are talking to?" My eyes never wavered from his as I spoke.

"I don't play games when it comes to Ella. You should know this. If I want you gone it would be done within the hour. No one would know what happened to you and I would gladly pay for your funeral and send flowers to your parents. The only reason you are alive is because my Ella still cares for you as a friend. So this is my last warning, Brandon. Stay. The. Fuck. Away. From. My. Ella."

The words flew out of my mouth so viciously that I didn't even have time to catch myself. Brandon maintained eye contact before his eyes nervously shifted away after he saw how serious I was. He locked his jaw but it was clear he got my point.

Satisfied, I backed away and walked around him, walking towards the house. Stella shook her head at me as I entered.

"What?" I feigned innocence as she stared me down.