Chapter 36: Principessa (II)

Joella

"Why do I have to leave with everyone else?" Haden asked. The irritation was clear in his voice.

"Because I said so," Nonna said with a scowl. "I will make sure you are right there to take Joella's hand as soon as we walk in." She added.

Haden's scowl didn't leave his face, but he didn't argue with her either. His eyes turned to me and softened once making eye contact.

"She isn't even dressed yet, Nonna. I see no reason why I must leave so early."

Nonna chuckled lightly before tapping his face with more force than any of us had expected.

"Nipote you will be fine for a few hours without your eyes glued to her okay."

Brad laughed as he stepped behind Haden and placed his hands on his shoulders.

"You know Ella is in good hands. Come on, we need to start getting ready." Brad said and pulled Haden with him.

Nonna had made this a black tie event and specifically requested all the guests invited to wear black.

Everyone was expected to be at the venue before us, except mom, she would be going with us since technically, this would be her first time meeting the families too.

"Stella, please go with the lovely ladies behind you. They will be helping you get ready." Mom nodded and followed behind the women.

Nonna turned to me as more women came into view.

"You my dear, go with these ladies. I will see you soon."

With a swift nod, I followed behind the women to a private room. Turns out Nonna had her estate here in the states but she refused to allow everyone in her home.

Walking down the long hallway, I smirked at all the family portraits along the wall. I shook my head as it seemed Haden was the favorite. That seemed to be the theme in his life. No wonder why he always walked around like he owned the place. His grandparents treated him like royalty.

I followed the women into a large side room that had a large mirror on the wall. The room was set up with a vanity for hair and makeup. I could see my dress hanging on the wall. As I took my seat, the women began to ask how I wanted my hair and makeup. I settled on straightening my hair with soft curls and a natural glam look. I appreciated that Nonna got black women for my hair and makeup. I'm picky about who touches my hair but these women knew what they were doing.

Once they were finished, they helped me into my dress. I looked myself over in the mirror and I have to admit, I looked good.

(Ella's dress, just imagine it on a curvier body with different shoes lol)

The silk dress fit beautifully and it was just how Nonna described it, simple, yet beautiful. No rhinestones or lace adorned the dress, but it was going to stand out for one specific reason. It was white and everyone else would be wearing black. I wasn't sure how I felt about that.