Chapter 52: He Needs Me

Joella

I was in shock as I stared back at the love of my life. First worry coursed through my veins as I thought he was severely hurt. But as he walked without so much as a flinch, something deep within my stomach churned.

"Haden-" I whispered, taking a small step forward but pausing again.

His eyes met mine before he broke eye contact and sighed.

"You should be in bed, Joella."

Joella?

"I couldn't sleep." I said softly as I took another hesitant step towards him.

His eyes are different.

"Joella, go to bed,baby." His voice was soft, but I didn't miss the warning behind his words.

He didn't want me around him right now. I understood why. He was still a bottle of rage. I didn't miss the blood on his shirt and shoes. It was the first thing I noticed when I came down the steps.

"Are you hurt?"

He didn't respond. Instead he undid his button up shirt, wrapped it in a ball and threw it in the black bag on the floor. He did the same with his pants and lastly, his shoes.

A knock came to the door. Haden nonchalantly walked to the door and opened it revealing Enzo, Luca and Tony. I watched as Haden handed his bag of clothes to Enzo. They shared a few hushed words before Enzo nodded and took off.

Luca began to speak quietly as Tony's eyes looked up and met mine.

"You alright little one?" He asked concerned.

Haden glanced back at me before responding to Luca. I silently nodded my head. Tony didn't look convinced, he looked at Haden as he gave a curt nod and Tony made his way to me.

"Little one, you really need to go to bed." Tony spoke softly.

"I want to make sure he's okay." I said looking past Tony to Haden, he was still speaking with Luca but his dark energy hadn't lifted.

"Little one, he's fine. Right now, we need you to go back to bed okay. Haden isn't in a good head space right now."

"I know, that's why he needs me."

Tony sighed and tilted his head back. I knew Haden wasn't in his right mind. I could feel it. But I also knew only I could bring him back.

"Little one-"

"Thanks Tony, I can handle it from here." I said matching his gaze. His mouth went into a straight line as he nodded and turned on his heels, walking back over to Haden and Luca.

Tony said something causing Luca to look up at me as Haden nodded. They clasped hands and shortly after, Tony and Luca left. Haden turned to look at me after ensuring the door was locked.

"Tesoro, why won't you listen?" He asked. A slight edge to his voice.

"Because you don't need me to." I said as I walked up to him. The closer I got to him, the more goosebumps broke out against my skin.

I wouldn't let that deter me though. I knew Haden, even in this state, he wouldn't harm me.

My hand softly grazed his cheek and he leaned into my touch. Lifting up on my toes I placed a soft kiss on his lips. His arms instantly wrapped around my waist as he pulled me closer, intensifying the kiss.

Burying his head in my neck, he took in a deep breath as his hand wrapped in my curls. With ease, he lifts me up and I wrap my legs around him.  The thin pale pink silk wrapped around my body lifts, and I can feel the cool breeze swipe across my bottom as Haden's hand grips one cheek.