Chapter 18: Can't Save Everyone

Joella

I woke up to an empty bed and sighed to myself. This was the new normal. Haden would leave early in the morning and come back late at night. If I didn't know any better I would swear he was cheating.

But being Capo made him extremely busy. Add working with his dad at Cooper Inc. and maintaining Blaze. It was a lot. He was always being pulled in a different direction.

Yet and still, he always knew how to make me feel special. To let me know that I was at the top of his brain at all times.

I stretched as I climbed out of the bed. Those morning stretches are life I swear. I walked to the bathroom and did my morning routine before walking into my closet.

I chuckled slightly as I saw more of my clothes on the racks. Haden wasn't slick, he was slowly adding more of my stuff to his penthouse. At this point, I wasn't even fighting him on it.

It was pointless at this point. Since Haden became Capo he always wanted me at his house. I haven't been to my apartment in weeks and at this point, it was a waste of money. Not that Haden cared, he took over the payments after I fussed about paying for a house I don't sleep in.

I slipped on my white cami with the matching white pants and pulled the long cardigan over my body. Slipping into my white Ugg slippers, I walked out of the room. I was off today, so I planned to lounge around, maybe do some online shopping and catch up on Love Is Blind.

Walking down the steps I nodded at the guards stationed at every corner of the house. Finally walking into the kitchen, I see Micah and Enzo seated on the stools drinking coffee.

"None for me?" I asked as I walked to the fridge.

"Haden said you're not big on coffee unless it's blended and has whipped cream on top. It's in the freezer." Enzo announced.

I smiled as I opened the freezer to see my caramel Frappuccino waiting for me. I grabbed it and took a sip. It was perfect, letting me know it hadn't been too long since they got it.

"Thank you, you guys want breakfast?" I asked.

Mica stood and opened the oven. "Haden had that covered too. Grab what you want, we were waiting on you." He added.

Warm and ready sat french toast and turkey bacon. I smiled as I pulled out the pan while the guys took out the fruit and whipped cream from the fridge. Happily stuffing our faces I looked up when the front door opened revealing Antonio.

"Tony!!" I said cheerfully as I skipped to him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Hey, little one." He said with a chuckle, wrapping his arms around me.

I turned to see Enzo frown before rolling his eyes. Jealous much?

"Seriously, you just saw him yesterday," Enzo said shaking his head and pushing an insane amount of whipped cream on top of his french toast.

"Enzo you're just jealous she doesn't give you hugs," Tony responded as he let me go.

"Yea because he turns weird as fuck and Haden has already threatened to kill him." Mica chimed.

I snorted as I sat in my chair and began to eat. Enzo glared at both of them before stuffing a whipped cream-covered piece of french toast in his mouth.

"You hungry Tony? Help yourself." Tony nodded and began to fix his plate.

Tony was my assigned bodyguard. In the short amount of time we've known each other, he had become a good friend. Haden trusted him because unlike Enzo and a lot of his other men, Tony never hit on me and never looked at me in a suggestive manner.