Chapter 23: Long Time No See

Haden 

I blinked still trying to process what I was looking at. I was pulled out of my daze when I heard Ella opening the door behind me. I quickly turned and blocked her view. She looked up at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What are you doing?" She asked, looking at me as if I had lost my mind. 

"I think we should come back," I said as I placed my hand on her hip and pushed her back. 

She placed her hand on my chest and looked up at me with a frown.

"No, it's her birthday. We are already here and I want to be the first to give her her gift." Ella said as she pushed past me. 

Immediately she gasped and I closed my eyes before shaking my head. I tried to warn her. 

"Mom what the hell?!?" Ella shrieked. I sighed and came up behind her. 

"I gave you'll plenty of time to run. Why wouldn't you run?" I asked cringing slightly at the scene.

I guess with no kids in the house, dad brought his kinks out of just the red room. They're standing there in the living room like a deer caught in headlights. Dad is still in his boxers with the threaded whip in his hand. Stella is still in her leather cage lingerie with the leather choker on...

Awkward

Ella swiftly turned her back to them and walked out the door. Grabbing my hand along the way.

"We will come back." She muttered and I closed the door.

***

We all sat in awkward silence at the dinner table. Ella refused to look anyone in the eye. Stella kept trying to talk to her but she just kept shaking her head.

I fought the urge to laugh at the distraught state Ella was in. I understood how she felt. I'll never forget the first time I caught my parents. This would now be the second time I caught my dad. I cringed inwardly and cut my chicken before taking a bite.

Dad cleared his throat before glancing at me then Ella and turned to Stella.

"Well...uhh...I know things seem a little aw-"

"Stop...please. We don't need to talk about it." Ella said visibly cringing and I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped my lips.

Dad cleared his throat again before shooting me a glare. I put my hands up in defense. He had no one to blame but himself.

"Right, well uh, Happy Birthday dear. Dad said as he handed a small black bag to Stella.

She gave a genuine smile as she opened the bag and pulled out a black medium-sized box. Opening the box she gasped and looked at my dad with a hand over her chest.

"This is beautiful baby. Thank you." She said as she held up the diamond necklace.

Ella and I handed our gifts over. Stella loved the 3D Mom picture frame. It captured all her favorite moments with Ella. We also got her a tennis bracelet and a new Chanel bag.

Dinner and dessert ended well. Dad was taking Stella on a trip to Mexico so we wouldn't see them for a few weeks. I thought that would be good actually. It will give Ella time to get over her shock. By the end of the night, she still couldn't look either of them in the eye long.

***

Joella

"You know, I'm not even surprised. Haden had to get his kinks from somewhere." Morgan chuckled on the phone.