Chapter 7

The rain stopped.

The Jester quickly turned towards the man. "How? How could you know what happened to them?", he asks.

"Because I killed them myself."

I freeze.

The Jester glares at the mysterious man. "Liar.", he says.

"Am I?" The man slowly pulls out something from his pocket.

"Is this not your mother's necklace...?" The man holds a necklace that has a shimmering blue star.

I glance at Jester. That...was that his mother's necklace?? Jester looks like he has seen a ghost, having a hard time breathing.

"Stop." I say. "What do you want?? To hurt him?"

"I thought I told you to mind your business.", he says, glaring.

"This is my business! Because he's been kind to me...and I-"

The man rolls his eyes. "Please. You can't do anything."

"Just- What do you even want?", I demand.

The man pauses for a moment, then grins.

"You." He whispers next to Jester. And then he stabbed him.

***

Things had never gone my way throughout my whole life. And now, someone who had helped me was hurt.

"Jester!!", I yell, on the verge of tears.

The man laughs. Jester was on his knees, his hand pressing down on the wound. I start running towards him but the man stops me with his hand.

"If he's so precious to you, then you did a bad job protecting him." He shrugs. "Too bad. It's time for you to go back to your own world, where you belong.", he says, smiling.

"No, stop!", I yell. The wind starts blowing hard, like a tornado. I start levitating, with the man using his power on me.

"Jester!", I yell over the loud wind. I reach my hand towards Jester, trying to reach him. With his other hand, he tries to reach me, but it was no use.

Jester says something but I can't hear. I feel myself being pulled away from him and everything going black.

"You can go home now."