Chapter 11

"Who the hell are you??", Dan asks.

Jester stood up, straight. "The Jester."

"What, are you from the circus or something? What're you doing in my house?"

"This isn't your house." I mutter.

"What did you say?!" Dan raises his hands to hit me. I close my eyes.

But after a few seconds without feeling anything, I open them back again. Jester was holding Dan's hand back.

"Don't. Touch. Her.", he says.

Dan sneers. "I can touch her all I want."

Jester swings his hand and punches Dan in the face.

He wipes his mouth and runs for Jester.

"Stop!", I yell.

They tackle and punch each other.

With his strength, Dan pulls Jester out of my room and towards the small balcony of my apartment. He grabs him by the throat and hangs Jester over the edge.

"Not so tough now, huh, circus boy?", Dan yells.

"Stop!! Please don't drop him! I- I'll do anything.", I cry.

"Anything...?", Dan looks at me.

I nod quickly.

Dan pauses for a moment, then throws Jester back inside. I run to check on him.

Dan points at me. "I'll be back. Don't forget those words." He looks at Jester one last time and leaves the apartment.

"He'll come back. You have to leave.", I tell Jester.

"That man will pay.", Jester tells me.

"You can't do anything, you'll get more hurt."

"What has be been doing to you?"

I look down. "He hurts me...".

Jester stands up. "Well...I may not be able to fight him anymore, but I'm not just going to stand here, waiting for him to hurt you again."

"Jester...thank you but.. I don't think I can do anything. If I call the police, he's going to find out, like all of the other times."

"We'll see about that. Call this "police" person. If he hurts you in front of them, whoever they are, he's obviously done for."

He places his hand on my shoulder. "We'll figure this out."

"I hope so..." I grab my phone and dial 911.