Chapter 14

It's morning and I wake up. I quietly and carefully leave Jester sleeping in the couch.

I brush my teeth, put on my shoes and go out to buy some clothes.

I feel...somewhat different now that Jester's here. Is this what happiness feels like?, I joke in my head.

After entering the mall and trying on several dresses, I find a nice one with flowers on it. I also find some nice clothes for Jester.

I open my front door and notice Jester's no longer in the couch. "Jester...?", I call out.

"I'm right here." He says from behind me.

"Oh! Hi. You were behind me?" I ask curiously.

"Yup! Where were you?"

"Uh.. I went shopping and bought some clothes, including for you." I tell him.

"Are you going to try yours on now?"

"Yup. I'll be right back."

I head to my room and close my door. I grab the dress and look at it. It's so cute, but will it even look good on me?

I undress and put the dress on. I twirl and look in my mirror. It's gorgeous.

I suddenly notice Jester in the doorway and jump.

"I- Jester...?? How long were you...?", I mutter nervously.

He stands there, staring. Why is he just standing there? Do I have something on my face?

"Is something wrong...?" I quietly ask.

Jester walks up to me slowly.

"You're beautiful..."

My heart jumps. "Oh. T-thanks."

"No one's ever told me that before..." I say, looking down.

He tilts his head. "That's not possible. How can anyone pass you and not call you beautiful...?"

I laugh, without any humor. "I'm basically invisible to them."

"That's really unfortunate."

"I guess." I turn to the mirror. "I don't really like my body either, to be honest."

"Why? There's nothing wrong with it. Beauty doesn't have a specific size."

"But my body ruins my 'beauty'."

"Of course it doesn't. Just because someone's bigger than another person, doesn't mean they're ugly. If anyone ever tells you that, they're wrong."

I look up at Jester. "Thanks. You're really sweet, Jester."

He nods. "Now you wanna have some breakfast?"

"Sure." I smile.

He makes my day, even without intending to.