Chapter 15

Cooking some eggs and bacon, I start to feel better. I hadn't even noticed I was starving before.

Remembering what happened, my heart beats fast. He called me beautiful...

Jester comes into the room and starts sniffing loudly. "What's that smell? It smells delicious."

"It's eggs and bacon. Did you guys have that over there or...?"

He glanced at the pan. "No, I don't think so. Can I try some?" He said, head resting on her shoulder.

I blush. "Of course..."

I glance back at Jester. "Hey... Can you meet me in my bedroom later?"

He tilts his head curiously. "What's wrong, Sunshine?"

"Nothing's wrong, I just...want to talk to you."

"Kay." He looks at the food hungrily. "But for now, let's eat!"

***

I sit down next to my bed, where Jester was waiting. "Hi..."

"Hey. What'd you wanna talk about?" He asks.

"I just wanted to thank you..." I say, shyly. "You helped me when I needed it."

Jester chuckles. "I'm glad I could help. You know..." He pauses. "My mother always called me a kind boy."

I smile. "I never really thought much of it before, but my mother always looked at me with her soft eyes, and I knew she loved me very much." He says, softly.

My smile fades away slowly. "Do you miss them? Your parents...?"

He looks up at me. "Always." He whispers.

I take a deep breath. "If... If you ever want to talk about it, I'm here."

Jester smiles. "Thank you, Elise." I blink. This is the first time he ever calls me by my name...

I quickly talk. "So... What were your parents like?"

"My parents? Well, one thing I know for sure: they were madly in love with each other."

I laugh. "Did you find it disgusting back then?"

"No, actually. I found their relationship wonderful, and I wondered if someday... that would ever happen to me."

I look up at him. "Did you...ever fall in love with someone?"

Jester smiles. "Yes. I did."

I feel my heart start to beat fast. "Who-" He nudges me with his elbow.

"What about you, hmm? Do you have someone you love?"

"I- uh...I don't know..." I say, nervously.

He laughs. "Good talk." He smiles sadly. "That memory of my parents made me happy. I'm glad we talked."

"Me too."