Chapter 24

Chapter 24
Loki froze. He watched Skye clutch her stomach and the control panel and he knew he had to help her, but he couldn't move, like his legs had turned to stone from the shock and horror of watching his friend take a bullet while trying to help him.

"Loki" the desperation in Syke's tone was enough to pull Loki out of his trance and he immediately ran to her side, wrapping his arms around her before she crumbled under her own weight.

"No no no, Skye, it's okay" Lokis voice came out shaky as he held onto Skye and gently lowered her to the ground. She coughed and blood kept seeping down her side.

"Simmons is on the way" Mack said as he rushed to Loki and Skye and tried to help Loki stop the bleeding.

"Skye I need you to keep an eye on me" Loki said, his tone becoming steady, but Mack could see his hands shaking. "I've still got a lot of stories to tell so I need you to stay awake to hear them, alright? I need you to stay awake to make me talk to you People, otherwise I might spend all my time by myself" he told her, trying to keep her mind occupied.

Skye smiled a bit But she was drifting.

"I don't have time to wait for Simmons" Loki said, carefully but sturdily picking Skye up off the ground so he could get her out of the base.

For a moment Loki forgot about Henry, the gate to the Other, and the potential that there may be more chitauri hidden here. He just wanted to get Skye up to safety.

Loki hurried up the spiral stairs out of the bunker, then kicked down the door to the shack on the surface to get out. He and Skye were hit with the bright sunlight, and before his eyes could adjust Simmons was beside him.
"Get her in the car" she said urgently. Skye was losing a lot of blood very quickly and Simmons needed to get her to the medical bay on the zephyr.

"Loki help me with Skye. Fitz, drive" Jemma ordered as she lowered all the backseats on one of the cars and Loki laid Skye  down.

"I'm not a doctor" Loki warned as he and Jemma climbed into the back of the car and Loki pulled the hatch shut.

"That's fine. I'm the doctor, you're the nurse. Hold this" Jemma said as she put gauze over the wound to control the bleeding. Loki took over holding pressure on it and Jemma reached to the front of the now very fast moving car for a med kit.

"Loki" Skye groaned in pain and Loki tried not to sound worried.

"I'm right here Skye, we're getting you back to the zephyr and Jemma will fix you up"  Loki assured her, though he really had no idea what was going to happen in the next few minutes.

"Hold her steady" Jemma ordered, and without asking why Loki did. The car jolted and went dim, and even though he was focused on Skye Loki knew they made it back to the zephyr.

"Help me get her to the med bay and then I want you out. Fitz get Davis" Jemma commanded as she opened up the back of the car. Loki got Skye out and followed Jemma to the med bay. He moved as quickly as he could but he didn't want to hurt Skye further so it was hard to move fast.

"What's going on?" Davis and Fitz met Loki and Jemma on the way and Davis  looked horrified when he saw what had happened.

"She's been shot. I'll need assistance" Jemma explained, opening the med bay door. She pointed to a bed and Loki took the cue to lay Skye down there.

"I can help" Loki said. Jemma had told him she wanted him out, but then also said she needed an assist.

"You don't know your way around the lab, you'll just be in the way" Jemma wouldn't have time to explain everything to Loki. She was already tending to Skye and would need someone who knew exactly what she was asking for and where everything was, and Loki just wasn't that person.