Chapter 41

Loki sat with his legs crossed on the couch and a blanket around his shoulders as he read a book. Usually when Loki wanted to do a solo activity he'd spend that time in his room instead of out in the open, but he had been pretty hostile toward the team for a while when he was angry with them, so for the past few days since his first therapy session he'd been trying to stop being so isolated. At least for a little while.

"Hey"

Loki looked up from his book and saw Skye coming into the room.

He nodded a bit toward her.

"Hey"

She gestured to the place on the couch next to him.

"Mind if I join you?"

He nodded again and moved over a little bit so she had more room.

"Yeah, sure, I was just reading"

Skye sat down next to Loki, also crossed legged, and took a sip from the mug she had in her hands. She momentarily glanced out the window and then noticed that Loki hadn't gone back to reading yet.

"I love the rain" she commented about the weather, which was growing colder as they got nearer to the end of the year.

Loki glanced out the window and then back to Skye.

"I have... mixed feelings about it" he said back.
"Do you have mixed feelings Because of Thor?" Skye asked.

Loki looked somewhat surprised to hear her ask that.

"how did you know that?" He asked.

"We may not have known that Asgard is a real place, but Thor has been the mythological god of thunder on earth for a long long time" she explained.

Loki nodded.

"Makes sense, he has a knack for gaining popularity wherever he goes." He commented.
Skye smiled a little bit.

"Yeah?"

Skye knew Loki liked to avoid talking about his family, so she wanted to leave him open to say as much or as little as he wanted. She was glad that he kept talking.

"Yeah. He's the type that people just gravitate toward. He's always optimistic, always sees the best in everyone, looks out for his friends. You'd love him, He's insufferable" as soon as Loki ended his sentiment with a joke there was a very loud crack of thunder outside.

Loki looked out the window and then back to Skye.

"That one felt a little personal" he joked.

Skye knew that Loki tended to get annoyed when he brought up his family in casual conversation and then everyone pressed for more, So she decided not to press. She laughed at his joke and then moved on from talking about Thor.

"So what are you doing in here? You never hang out here, you're usually in your room if you're not working during the day"

Loki sighed a bit.

"Well ever since Coulson benched me I don't have any work to do during the day. And even I don't like being isolated a hundred percent of the time"
Skye smiled a little bit, amused by Lokis phrasing.
"Benched you?"

Loki looked a little disappointed.

"Did I not use that right?"

Skye nodded enthusiastically, still smiling.
"No, you did. I just didn't expect you to"

Loki shrugged.

"Well I'm trying to get more familiar with your slang. I'm trying to be a little more human"
Skye nudged him a bit.