Chapter 36

Fitz came storming into the rec room in a frenzy.

"Where is he?!" He screamed before he even made it into the room, when he got in and saw Loki looking pretty smug he lost it.

"You psycho!" He then raised his metal water bottle in his hand and threw it across the room at Loki as hard as he could.

Loki jumped a little bit but caught the bottle before it hit him.

"What happened to valuing personal space?!" Fitz screamed, storming over to where Loki was sitting, Simmons running in after him to calm him down.

Loki stood up and put the water bottle on the table.

"Hey, you're the one that started us down that path of insanity. I'm just playing your game"
Fitz made fists with his hands and his face filled with rage. He briefly turned around to Simmons for backup but before she could say anything he turned back to Loki.

"Dumping some water on you is not on par  with putting a rat in the water bottle!" Fitz yelled. Mack was about to tell Fitz to calm down since he is the one who started this, but he agreed that putting a rodent in someone's drinking water crossed a line.

"You seriously did that?" Mack asked Loki.
Loki only now looked like he was even slightly worried about the consequences of his action. He turned to Mack to explain himself.

"Well technically no, but-" Fitz didn't let him finish.

"yes he did it nearly jumped at me! I barely got the lid back on before-" Fitz was cut off when Loki opened the water bottle and turned it upside down. A deep clunk was heard as a good sized chunk of assault thunked to the table.

Mack looked between Fitz and Loki, a little confused, but Fitz caught on pretty quick.

"Wh- no, he used magic. He's trying to make me seem crazy" he said to the room, looking between everyone there to find some support.

Loki laughed and shrugged, deciding he'd tormented Fitz enough for one day.

"Well of course I used magic. You think I'd pick up one of your rodents and take it home with me? That's disgusting"

Fitz turned to Jemma.

"See? His whole goal is to make me look bad so he can feel superior"

Loki cut in instead of letting Jemma respond.
"Actually my only goal was to scare you a little. You achieved looking bad all by yourself when you shrieked like a tea kettle"

Fitz looked like a million insults went racing through his brain at once and he couldn't decide which one to pick. After a moment of looking angry and flustered he finally landed on:

"It's becoming really clear why your planet didn't want you"

Mack could tell this would go on for a while if no one intervened, so he jumped in before Loki got the chance to do anything but look offended.

"Alright enough already" Mack said "you each got the other once, so let that be the end of it"

Loki shrugged with a slight smirk.

"Yeah I'm alright with that" he said, knowing it would bug Fitz.

"Wh- no. You're only saying that because you came out on top. I've pulled plenty of pranks, this isn't the end of it" Fitz argued back.

"Well put it on hold" Mack said a little more sternly "we're going to have plenty to keep us busy without you two acting like kids"

Loki was confused and he let it show in his face.