Chapter 25

"Coulson i would really like to give Loki an examination before you send him in for another... interrogation" Simmons said, following Loki and Coulson to the holding cell where Henry was being kept.

"Simmons, right now I don't think you could get Loki to sit still long enough to take his temperature, much less for a whole exam. He wants to get to Henry" Coulson told her, knowing that right now there was no stopping or controlling Loki.

"Besides, I don't need an exam" Loki chimed in "nothing has even happened to me" it was the first time he'd spoken since asking where Henry was being kept, and even though he still had a darkness in his eyes it was a relief to finally hear him talk, the silence from him had become a bit spooky.

"Henry Knocked you on your head back at the bunker, you could have a concussion" Jemma told him.

Loki turned around and held up a finger, as if to tell everyone to just hold on one minute.
"First of all, you and the healers on Asgard all need to stop pretending to be concerned about very minor injuries just to keep me from doing something, it's an old tactic and I can see right through it. Second, how did you even know Henry slammed my head on the ground? You weren't there" he wouldn't be tricked into stopping, but he was curious how she even found out.

"Skye told me" Jemma said. To which Loki looked very confused.

"Skye told you? Skye was shot, you've been treating her this whole time, When did she even have the time to tell you?" He asked.

"When she first woke up. The first thing she said was that you might also be hurt. She was concerned for you and so am I" Jemma told him.

"Well I feel fine. I don't have a concussion, I just want to talk to Henry" Loki promised, though it didn't do much to reassure Jemma.

"Speaking of which, let's keep this interrogation clean" Coulson told Loki as they came up on the cell Henry was being held in.

"Which means?" Loki inquired, knowing that his new friends had pretty strict rules and he hadn't yet been informed of them.

"Means no weapons this time" Coulson  said "and follow SHIELD protocol"

Loki just crossed his arms.

"You know no one has ever actually briefed me on SHIELD protocol, so-" Loki was surprised to have Coulson interrupt his question.

"Just follow SHIELD protocol to the best of your ability" Coulson said, a bit of a smirk on his face and a tone that told Loki he was being intentionally vague.

"Right... I'll use my own judgment" Loki said.

"And let's not have a repeat of last time. There's cameras in there, we'll be watching you. Make getting intel the priority, not revenge" Coulson held out a hand so Loki could hand over his various daggers.

Loki smirked a bit and handed over all his concealed weapons.

"Don't worry, I won't do what I did last time, I'll do exactly the opposite" he promised, a not very subtle tone of mischief in his voice and obvious scheming in his eyes.

Coulson didn't say anything, but there was a silent agreement they both understood that if things went a little off the books Coulson wouldn't rush in to stop Loki.

Coulson put his card key on the pad on the door and it unlocked. He let Loki inside and then closed the door behind him, leaving Loki alone with Henry, who was handcuffed to a chair with a pair of handcuffs that Loki doubted even Thor could get out of.

"Hello Henry. Good to see you again" Loki said, locking the door behind him so Henry couldn't get out even if he did break out of his restraints. "You're..." Loki grabbed the chair on the other side of a steel table between him and Henry and spun it around backwards, then sat down and leaned his arms against the back of the chair "...Not very good at this are you? You let me peg you as an alien, then you told Rain where we could find you, then you let us capture you. And don't even get me started on the fake SHIELD reports" Loki taunted, rather enjoying being petty toward Henry after what Elijah, Rain, and Darren did to him.