Chapter 46

Loki sat on his couch with his feet up on the coffee table, a book in his lap, and a cup of hot tea in his hand. It had been almost two weeks since Garner said he'd try to get Loki back into the field, and so far Loki hadn't heard anything from SHIELD. At his last session he asked Garner what was going on and was simply told that Garner had kept up his end of the deal and Coulson had to make the actual decision. While Loki wasn't thrilled to find out that he wasn't going to be immediately sent back to work, he did honor their agreement and cooperated through his third session.

Tomorrow he would be going to see Garner again for the fourth time, so today he wanted to sit in peace and enjoy a nice book.

After a little while of enjoying his book and his tea and the faint sound of the rain tapping against the window from his bedroom, there was a knock at his door that sounded oddly aggressive for so early in the morning.

Loki stopped reading and put his book aside, then got up to see who was at his door.

When he opened the door he was surprised to see Fitz standing there.

"Fitz?" Loki questioned, visibly confused.

"Make it stop" Fitz demanded without so much as a greeting.

Loki was no less confused.

"Make what stop?" He asked.

"The ringing, Alright? Message received, I won't startle you anymore, at least not on purpose. But it's been two weeks and I can't take it anymore" Fitz was almost pleading and Loki did his best to hide his amusement, though he couldn't stop a bit of a grin from appearing in his lips.

"Come on in" he said as he put a hand on Fitz's shoulder and pulled him inside so he could close his door.

Fitz sighed a bit but entered the apartment anyway and closed the door behind him.

As Fitz entered there was an audible ringing of the little bell Loki had put on him.

"Ooh, that really is annoying" Loki commented, laughing a little bit.

Fitz didn't think it was funny.

"Yeah well try living with it for two weeks. Are you going to make it stop?" 

Loki nodded and made his way behind the counter dividing the kitchen from the living space.

"It's in your pocket" Loki told him, opening the fridge so he could make some breakfast.

Fitz rolled his eyes and stuck his hand in his pocket.

"I've been trying to find it for weeks, it's
not-" he stopped  talking when he felt a small round piece of metal in his pocket. He pulled it out and saw the small bell like you might find on the collar of a cat that Loki had left on him two weeks ago.

"I'm about to make breakfast, hungry?" Loki offered, ignoring Fitz's confusion and annoyance.

"How did you do that?" Fitz asked as he leaned on the counter from the side opposite from where Loki was making breakfast. Loki just looked A bit confused.

"Fitz, You know I'm magic" Loki stated as he cooked up something for both of them to eat.

Fitz tossed the bell on Lokis counter and started to move side to side to make sure the jingling was in fact gone. Loki smirked a little bit watching Fitz stepping from side to side and even hopping up and down a little bit to confirm it was over.

"That was too far by the way, pranks are one thing but putting a weird curse on me-" Loki cut Fitz off before he could start on his tirade.

"Before you get started on what I'm sure is a very well rehearsed speech, let me defend myself by saying that this was only intended to go on for a day or two. I had no idea I'd be sent home that same day" he said very sincerely. While he did get enjoyment out of the fact that he'd left Fitz stuck with an invisible bell, it wasn't his original intention.