Chapter 29

Loki looked at the dead chitauri on the ground and then back at Fitz again. Fitz put the gun down and then came out from behind the workbench and walked to Loki, who still looked to be a bit frozen in shock.
"Maybe we shouldn't turn that machine on again"

Loki turned to Fitz to respond but never got to say anything. many quick footsteps were heard entering the lab and May, Coulson, Mack, and Simmons all came rushing in after hearing the gunshots.

"What happened?" May demanded, but Loki ignored her.

"I told you to run" he said to Fitz, a bit loudly, obviously mad that Fitz hadn't fled when the chitauri arrived.

"As if you could fight three of them on your own. You needed help"
Fitz argued, to which Loki got visibly mad.

"I can handle myself Fitz! When I say run you run, You could've been killed! What were you thinking?!"

Fitz got mad and started yelling back at Loki.

"I was thinking you were out numbered three to one! If I didn't stay and help you would've been killed too. You're welcome!" Fitz yelled back, angry that Loki would be so condescending to him after he saved his life.
Loki took a step closer to Fitz.

"If those guns hadn't worked we'd both be dead, stop trying to prove yourself all the time!"

Fitz rolled his eyes.

"Oh what because you're the only one that gets to be heroic? We all take risks to help each other out that's what makes this a team!" Fitz's voice continued to get louder to yell over Loki, but Loki was equally worked up and kept arguing loudly.

"You don't even like me why would you take a risk for me?!"

Simmons tried to interject but she was too quiet and Fitz shouted Over her.

"You don't like me either but you still tried to fight three of those things single handedly, I guess we're both just good people!"

Loki and Fitz were now pretty close to each other and Mack was worried they'd start throwing punches pretty soon.

"Alright that's enough out of both of you!" Mack finally interjected loud enough for Fitz and Loki to snap out of their own worlds and realize that they'd been shouting at each other with an audience for a little while now. Loki turned away from Fitz so he could get control of his temper, and Fitz just stood there quietly.
"The important thing is that you're both alright. So What happened?" Mack asked as he gestured around to the three dead chitauri bodies laying on the ground.

Loki and Fitz had stopped yelling at each other but neither of them looked very pleased either, and neither of them were talking.

"Don't ask me, our 'expert' is the one who did it" Fitz said as he waved a hand toward Loki and made sure the word 'expert' sounded very insincere

Loki shook his head in annoyance.

"Oh Very nice. you say that as if I intended the chitauri to come through there"
He said with heavy sarcasm in his tone.

Fitz shrugged a bit.

"They have tried to recruit you twice now, who's to say you haven't been playing us this whole time?"

Loki opened his mouth to speak and by the look in his eyes everyone could tell he was about to blow up on Fitz for suggesting he was a traitor.

Before Loki could get his first rage filled word out, May jumped in to defend him.

"What has Loki done to suggest he's a traitor? He's only ever tried to help us" May said with a surprising amount of zeal. May wasn't an affectionate person by any means, but she knew Loki was one of the good guys.