Chapter 15 ( Messenger )

"Then look into my eyes and repeat yourself

"Then look into my eyes and repeat yourself." And Jimin exactly picked onto my weakness.

I gulped the sudden raise of pressure within me and fought with my conscience to look back or stand still without minding what he said. I ended up looking back into those dark orbs which felt deeper than the night above us. Truth was what I preferred speaking and hence I said what I felt. 

" I don't exactly like you….but i don't have any more reasons to hate you as well."  I couldn't fight back to look away while the prince of Busan stood there not so astounded by my words. I was sure that he felt the same towards me but would never let it out the way I did. 

A smile was fighting hard to not curve up on his lips and I took the right opportunity to cut the connection we were having through our eyes. "You should leave." As if reality finally hit him, Jimin stepped back while nodding his head. "I should. Thank you for your help today." 

Jimin took a hasty leave with his final bade and I was yet again left alone in that house , deep down abandoned in the forest. Right when the thought of lonesome was ready to wrap me within it , some rattling noise came from the kitchen , gaining my attention towards it. And after that I could soon see the familiar elderly figure emerging with a tray filled with food she had cooked. 

Right , I'm not alone anymore. I internally felt glee and advanced the lady who was in charge to take care of me. "You should not miss your dinner , princess." She proceeded with her hands held up with the tray in front of me and I accepted it with a tender smile creeping on my lips. "You can call me Y/n , I'm not a Princess anymore." 

I kept the tray filled with food on the dining table and sat down . When I yet again glanced at the lady , a thought crossed my mind. "Why don't you join me as well." It hadn't been long enough that she was asked to serve me but I could sense that she was a kind woman. Her looks held calmness and warmth , anybody would approach her. 

She smiled at my sudden invitation and nodded her head , quickly denying my words. "I fear that shouldn't be done." Even her denial sounded so polite to me. I wish I would have noticed all these before and been able to befriend her. "Nobody is here except for the two of us and I don't really mind having company while having a delicious dinner." She couldn't hide her sprouting smile this time and instantly gave in. 

" Nobody has praised my cooking before. Thank you so much." She said and settled herself across me on the opposite seat. "Everyone should because you are great at that." I said and took the first bite of my food. I didn't lie when I complimented her , she was indeed great. 

That night passed by with getting to know the elder lady with whom I was living then. Turned out her name was Jin-joo and she had been serving the royal family since her teenage years. Her family did the same and right now she had none in this world . She was sixty and was a faithful person. She talked about how kind the queen of Busan was and how great the King was. 

She didn't talk much about Jimin though , except that she had watched him grow into a good person. There was yet for me to watch his good side , but he was nice to me these days. Also in between our conversations , I came to know that from the next three days there will be a great occasion specifically for the Queen's birthday. 

I had idea about how grand these occasions could be because of how my father used to celebrate his but still I was more interested in this one. Something I would encounter for the first time in a different place , felt exciting. 

Nevertheless there was a chance that I would have to stay there , out of reach from those grandiose celebrations because my step-outs depended on Jimin's order. We can think about it tomorrow. I thought while stroking my stomach as I finally laid down on my bed.

Once my back hit the soft mattress finally it hit me how long the day was and how tired I felt. And hence in no time I drifted to a long stretch of sleep. 

Jimin's POV

Next day

"I want everything perfect. Get done with the stairway decorations and don't forget to set up the new chandelier which the king has designed specially for the queen. And where is the present I have prepared for my mother ?" I knew how hyped I was for that day. It was my mother's birthday and I couldn't afford to make even a single mistake.

In the middle of haste , since early in that beautiful morning , I didn't forget the gift I had prepared for my special someone. My mother."There you go prince." Sung-ho approached me passing the group of workers who stood there taking my orders. That man was really good at bringing up his different form in front of people. Once I'm his buddy and the next moment he's formal. Great split personality. 

I accepted the pistachio vase which was then filled up with pretty white carnations , just as Y/n asked it to be. Mother would love this gift. I nodded my head at Sung-ho and took my leave instantly making my way to my mother's room. 

I didn't have to knock because she was already outside waiting for me , after all this had always been the same way around every year. "I was going to surprise you." I stated , faking a pout while my mother gave me a heart warming smile back. "I couldn't wait to see what my son has got for me this time." She stated and then her eyes met the present i was holding. 

A tiny gasp escaped her gape as she eyed the vase which I was holding then. "This one looks beautiful." Her hands eventually raised to touch the fragile object I was holding. "I'm glad you liked it because finding this one needed some extra hard work." We had left the formalities of a prince and queen's conversation long back and right then it was just a mother and son talking. 

The court lady seemed to be a bit displeased by the fact that how nonchalantly I was speaking but who cared when the queen was fine with that. "And why is it so ?" Mother squinted her brows while giving me a suspicious look making me gulp down my laughter. "I had to get along with my used to be enemy and that person went hard on me." I stated expecting her to be cautious about me but oh well , she was the queen of Busan who knew her son the best. 

"I am all okay with it till the time you are standing healthy in front of me but now that I think of it , your choice can't be this good. Was it your rival who chose this present for me ?" I wonder how mothers had got those sixth sense to guess every single thing correctly. 

I pressed my lips and nodded my head at her. "Well she helped me a little bit." I gestured with my hands to show the proximity of Y/n's help but my mother could grasp onto some other details. " She ? " On her sudden pointing out , I cautiously took a glance around to find all the stares from the maids and court lady on me. 

To rush away the sudden upbringing of attention , I faked a cough and then gave out an awkward laugh . "We just met out in some odd circumstances." I scratched the back of my neck and looked at the then beseeched woman in front of me. Her expression screamed that my excuse wasn't worth it and the only way to escape was to dash away somehow. 

"I need to check the decorations in the town as well. I'll take my leave then." Without waiting for my mother's response , I was about to escape but she was fast enough to get a grasp on my hand, making me stop right at my position without budging even a little. "Thank her on behalf of me , and tell her that I loved her choice." That was unexpected….

I glanced at the queen who was then again smiling at me . As if a great burden was taken away from my heart , I sighed silently and nodded my head. " I feel like a messenger but......Alright . I will let her know."

This was just a short chapter with some sweet conversations in between Jimin and the queen and Y/n and Jin-joo but something is coming up 👀 look forward to the next chapter.

Drop your reviews , they motivate me to write and don't forget to vote. Thank you 💜