Chapter 19 ( no more rivals )

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook's POV

I stumbled back into the house where I lived. At this rate I failed to keep standing once the relief of home had enveloped my shaking self. A quiet rustle could be heard once I slid the door open revealing the woman who I had named as my mother. She must have noticed my presence causing her to sit up and facing me with her lidded eyes from sleep. 

"Jungkook, dear what's wrong ?" I stood still while monitoring her movements as she hastily walked up to me and it didn't take her time to notice my wounded hands where blood had already dried and clotted. A loud gasp left her gape as her shaky hands gently took my hands in hers. But that only triggered my senses which were hypnotized by the words chanting in my brain. 

"I don't deserve to get this love and affection. I was a sinner who did something sinful." I took some steps back but missed out the rise on the floor , in an attempt to step out again. It only resulted in me falling back with a loud thud. Mother was devastated by my state. I pulled my knees towards my chest while my hands grasped my hairs in frustration. I felt like I was going insane. I needed assurance and my mother did give me by pulling me into her warm embrace. 

"It is fine dear , I'm with you….calm down please." She whispered with care near my ears while her hand stroked my back gently . But my mind wouldn't agree but wind up every bit of my subsided past. "Why was I the chosen one ? Why was I the one to sin my hands with blood ?" I cried my heart out in my mother's bosom . That was all I could do then. 

That night where my life changed , I had lost my sanity , my family and my honesty. Did I ever see myself taking away an innocent's life who was nothing but kind towards me ? I never did but once my own person was brought under the sword of that ruthless king with a mask of heroism , my sanity was lost and I did what desperation chose. In the end I lost everything….and caused more to lose their lives. 

"It's in the past Jungkook , you have become a better person now. You have gone through hell as well and regretted your acts . Please dear , don't let them get you in their grasp." Her tender words somehow managed to subside the burn within my heart. But again , I managed to blurt out certain words which hit me hard. 

"But did that take away the lonesome feelings which I had granted to that little soul ?" A tear trickled down my bloodshot eyes as I yearned for an answer from the lady who had held me in her embrace. " It didn't but you can do something about it." After hearing her words , for the first time within that time period my mind managed to push aside my blaring past and let myself hear what the woman who had a mother figure in my life , spoke. 

Y/n's POV

All I could define about how I felt was numb. Everything happened within a blink of an eye and it had left me confused. I didn't find myself doing anything. Forced myself to at least eat something for the sake of the life I was holding and straight up laid on my bed.