Chapter 23 ( Letter )

Jimin's POV

After the unexpected breakdown , I was finally sitting on my bed with Sung-ho standing beside me. He still had his precocious eyes on me , checking every now and then whether I was yet again a wrecking mess.

Thankfully I wasn't anymore. So judging my neutral reaction the man finally stood himself in a better posture so that he was facing my slouched figure.

"I did as you asked me to." He cleared his throat before speaking which successfully snapped me out of my neutral unthinking  state. "Huh ?" Still with the mess of pooling emotions my mind had to face , I was caught off guard with his words. "Jungkook.." he huffed out which resulted in me shooting my brows up.

Right. I remembered asking him to run a background search on him right after meeting Jungkook. "What about him ?" I shifted my slouched posture to a straightened one and poured as much attention as I could.

"Your intuition about that guy was right. He indeed is a bit fishy." Sung-ho folded his arms and brought them up on his chest showing the seriousness.

"I got to know that the woman he is living with isn't his real mother as he usually states her as. What's even more suspicious is that Jungkook didn't live in Busan from the very beginning. He was brought up here that night…."

The creases on my forehead grew deeper at the last sentence by hyung. "Which night ?" Just don't be that night- "your fifteenth birthday…when Jeonju had sent spies and they were executed later."

I sighed. It was a defeated one. No matter how negative my thoughts might be towards Jungkook, I could never imagine him working under the king of Jeonju. He wouldn't if he was helping Y/n , wanted her well being.

I shook my head , frustrated. "Do you think we missed him out that night ?" Sung-ho asked as indulged in thought as I was. We supposedly didn't. It's impossible because there wasn't any way that we had left any area to be unchecked.

"I don't think so…." That gained Sung-ho's eyes on me  . He quickly pulled a chair from beside and took a seat casually. Yes, very much formal as an assistant.

"How can you be so sure ?" I shrugged my shoulders before speaking back. " It can be that Jungkook came here because of something which could have happened and he had no other choice."

When I looked at Sung-ho after stating my fact , he was already staring at me with a "done with me" expression.

"I will just be honest , Prince. You are being too thoughtful and understanding here. If we come to think of it rationally , why would they lie of them being in a son and mother relationship." He had a point. It was just hard for me to imagine Jungkook as a bad guy when he showed nothing but goodness to us.

But yet again another thought snapped in my head. Maybe it was all a pretence to hide who he actually was. And then came the sudden realisation crashing on me.

The sudden change in Jungkook , the way he asked for me to let him guard Y/n….was he after her ? If I come to think about this , he was always stuck along with her and was always way more protective towards her than a mere saviour would be.

Was he somehow acquainted with her ? Did he have any purpose behind his gestures ? Or was he simply a great , kind guy ?

All the questions being held together , I was sure about one thing , Jungkook needed to be kept an eye on. If he was somehow connected to the sudden attack on Y/n then I was sure enough to not make him regret his decision-