Chapter 18 ( His secret )

I gasped at the sight which had taken place in front of me

I gasped at the sight which had taken place in front of me. Jungkook was all over the man , tackling him on the ground. A swift punch from his side soon was attacked on the man making him groan. My hands which were ready to strike previously had then fallen limp as I watched the two men desperately fight.

The stranger was quite stubborn about his mission and so he soon launched himself up on his feet when finally he succeeded to push off Jungkook. But that didn't let him approach me cause before he could have done that , Jungkook was swift enough to get a hold on him before kicking him hard. Soon he was pulled back by him and pinned to the nearby wall making it impossible for the stranger to move any further.

"Who has sent you here ?" I could hear Jungkook speak through his gritted teeth. That man could only laugh through his pressed face against the wall. I could not manage to hear out what the man had said next because soon it was followed by a shock which washed throughout my body as I watched the captive swiftly switch his position and the next moment he could be seen attacking Jungkook with his knife.

Jungkook's POV

"Who has sent you here?" I found myself fuming with anger as I had hold him captive . But that absurd laugh from his side had soon stirred confusion within me. " Don't be so oblivious Jungkook." His smirk lighted face was making me feel more annoyed but i was a bit taken aback about the fact that he was aware of my name. My elbow gradually exerted more pressure on him , pressing him harder against the wall , gaining a grunt soon after.

"What do you mean?" I breathed out as a near whisper which could only be audible to that unknown attacker. " Didn't expect you to forget the king this soon ." Those words were enough for my grip on him to loosen as a wave of astonishment and anxiety rushed through me. That was the mistake I could have done for him to push me away in the mean time and soon had got me captive against the wall.

His hands were held tight against my throat , choking me hard. A sinister grin was painted on his face and before I could gather myself to attack back , he held his knife up ready to stab me. But my hands had managed to hold it back although the stinging pain could be felt on my palms and soon blood dropped from the deep cut which the sharp object had placed on me.

The shock of his words succeeded to take over me and he seemed to have overpowered the situation. No matter how hard I tried , he could only push the pointed metal nearer to my throat. "Die! You don't deserve to live after what you have done!" He yelled out at me , his each and every words hitting my senses harder. I could feel my burning widened eyes which felt the stinging moist within them.

My heart took a faster pace and mind had taken a long run to rush those terrifying memories . I was at fault to built them up at the first place. If only I was not as cowards as I was back then , maybe it could have been a bit different. I wish I had the might in within me to deny the king's order . My guilt had got a good grasp on me . Watching myself wither with the words of that man , I could tell that I was getting pulled back to my depressing phase. My one dark secret..