Chapter 32 ( The queen )

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

Now that I was left in the room with the queen, finally nervousness deemed over me. She looked calm when she approached me but her stoic expression defined a kind of calamity which I wasn't sure about. Soon the empty place beside me was taken over by her and right after her first words toward me escaped.

" I have heard a lot about you." The queen held a beautiful smile breaking off that stoicness on her face as if the first day of sun peeked through the voyage of dark clouds. I couldn't answer or react being unsure how to exactly do that. Although out of courtesy I did show her a little beam of smile. 

"Jimin talked about you a lot . Mostly indirectly but my son was soon a lovesick fool. He thought his mother wouldn't notice how frequently he visited the stream side house. You wouldn't believe me if I said that I had seen him smiling by himself sometimes. He always became so excited when he had to go hunting which turned out to be his excuse behind meeting you. "

I wasn't sure why exactly she was telling all these to me but these surely helped me to calm down. My nervousness was soon replaced by a warm feeling settling in my heart along with a pinch of astonishment. " You knew he was meeting me all this time?" I asked with my slightly widened eyes . The queen let out a tender chuckle and nodded her head. 

" I didn't know it was the princess of Jeonju but I was surely aware that it was someone whom he's happy with." The smile got wider on my face after hearing her but it died down sooner than that. Why was I still called a princess of the kingdom from where I was banished ?

" I'm no longer a princess, my queen . I was just a homeless person whom a stranger saved and for whom your son has become the only home now. " The confidence evolved within me like a spell had been casted . Expressing the truth wouldn't cost me a lot , would it ? Accepting the truth of my doomed fate , confessing my feelings towards Jimin in front of his mother couldn't be so bad . 

It actually wasn't when I felt a tender , loving caress of the queen's hands through my hair . Maybe it was the longing in my heart to be loved by my mother again that had brought a stray tear to escape the pool of moisture accumulated in my eyes . I couldn't help the urge to keep the feeling of contentment once a motherly love was expressed towards me. 

It felt so good , like a healing effect. The feeling of a mother adoring me like that was so overwhelming that I ended up spilling out a part of what I was going through right at that moment. " It's been so long since someone did this gesture to me in a way you did." I dared not look up . What if the queen didn't take in my words well ? What if I had already disappointed her . " In which way ?" Her voice was always so elegant and soothing which was beyond explanation.

How could I not answer her questions? It just felt unfair not to . " In a way my mother used to do when she was still alive… " a sigh escaped the others' gape on hearing the mention of my mother. " Y/n… " her words trailed as silence took over for a moment. Then there was the newfound familiar caress again before the queen resumed speaking.