Part 16

My mouth was still gaped open lost for words as Yohan got onto his horse with ease and pulled on the reins. The horse galloped slowly in the rain and I unintentionally leaned into the General, scared that I would fall off. With one hand I held onto his sleeve and with the other, I held the umbrella up for us.

"You know you can put that down, we're already drenched." His warm breath fanned my neck, and I cleared my throat awkwardly.

"Since I have your cloak, I don't want you getting even more wet in the rain. It's the least I could do.."

"He was that man you told me about, wasn't he?" I remembered telling him how I didn't want to marry a pervert back at home.

Scoffing, I held onto his sleeve more tightly. "He's more of a jerk than a pervert, as you can tell. I look at their family with disdain but mother doesn't, since she is very good friends with them."

"By the way, what are you doing here? And why did you tell him that you're my, you know"

"You'll see when you get home." After a while passed, the han's residence came to view.

Once we went inside, Yohan got off first before opening his arms and motioning for me to get down. I slowly held onto him as he carried me down easily.

All the maids came over to us, rushing us to go inside. One of the guards took his horse into the stables nearby.

I went straight to my room to take a warm bath and change into clean clothes. Areum was busy drying my hair and scolding me throughout all this telling me how terrifying it was to see that I disappeared suddenly.

"I didn't think I would be gone for that long" I sheepishly smiled and Areum shook her head before sighing. "You just had to cause trouble when important guests arrived here today miss"

"That's what I am curious about. With what business are they doing here in our place?" Areum looked at me like I had grown two heads or something.

"They're here to ask for your mother and father's blessings regarding the marriage. They wanted to go through with a formal proposal."

I choked on my spit and sprung out of my seat. "He's here for that?! Yohan is??" Pacing around the room, Areum followed close behind with a smile on her face.

"Wow, you really did have a lover huh, you're even calling him by his name casually"
"When he heard that you were missing, he was the first to leave and ran out in the rain to find you. We all found that so romantic, even your mother was impressed."

"It's because he's a General, that's his job" I don't know if I was defending him or myself, but I felt the need to explain it.

"let's go then, they're probably waiting for me" Taking a deep breath, I made my way to the dining room, my mouth suddenly drying up out of nervousness. It wasn't my first time meeting his parents but I was nervous to say the least.

There they all were, conversing with another. I heard the men as they discussed the political alliance between the two families and how beneficial it would be for both sides. Mother looked over at me before motioning for me to sit down next to her.

Bowing respectfully, I sat down cautiously, feeling all of their eyes on me. "Forgive me for the immature actions that I displayed today. I hope I didn't cause much trouble or concern to you all"

"None at all my child, the only thing that matters is that you are safe" Yohan's mother gave me her content smile, her eyes slightly crinkling.

Mother was probably fuming inside but since there were guests present, she held it in professionally. The door slid open with a creak, and in came Yo Han with a new attire, his hair put up in a bun and his wavy bangs still a little damp.