Part 39

Tomorrow was our last day here before we went back home and I suggested that we strolled around town. Who knows when I'll be able to travel again

It was going by peacefully until I noticed a familiar person walking ahead of us with a baby in his hands. They were wearing commoners clothes and a cloth bag swung around their body. Trying to take a closer glimpse at the persons face, I sneakily tried to figure out if he was someone I knew.

"What are you doing?" Yohan eyed my movements as I pointed at that man suspiciously. "I think I know him but I need to see his face to make sure" who does that person remind me of?

"Do you want to spy on him?" He stood closer to me and I nodded my head determinedly. "Teach me the way of achieving silent footsteps dear General"

I know it's probably creepy to be stalking someone all the way to their house but I had a feeling that I needed to follow him. Once he turned the corner to his gate, I saw his face for a brief moment and I let out a gasp in surprise. Smacking Yohan's shoulder a few times, no words could come out of my mouth as Yohan mouthed a what at me.

"It's my older brother"

Before he could even attempt to stop me, I was already on my way to the door. Giving it a few knocks, Yohan stood beside me nervously as I tapped my foot impatiently. "What are you going to do to him?"

"I'm going to kill him"

"Who is it?" Coming out of his place, he opened the gates only to be met with his dear sister that he has practically abandoned. The color drained from his face as he hurried to close it but Yohan stopped him from doing so.

"You're not my older brother anymore" grabbing his hair, I pulled him out as he yelled for me to let go. "So this is where you were hiding? I thought you were traveling the many nations, what happened?"

"Goeun we can talk this out! Why are you so violent, this is so unlike you!" He attempted to grab my hair but Yohan stopped him midway. We were gaining attention from the neighbors and all the ruckus caused a young woman to come out of the same house with a baby in her hands.

"What are you doing to my husband?!" She tried to pry my hands away and I let go, stunned by the new information. She stood protectively in front of him whilst glaring at me.

I bet to the others, it looked like my brother had an affair with her and I was the old lady who caught her husband in the act. "So you abandoned us and lied about what you were doing for years?" He stood behind her guiltily and I swear I wanted to smack him again.

Fixing my appearance and wrinkled up dress, I smiled at the lady in front of me. "Can I come in? I think my brother has a lot of explaining to do" She looked over at him in realization before ushering us inside.
.
.
.
.
"So you got married?" He eyed me and Yohan and I nodded my head yes. "You didn't even come to your one and only sister's wedding"

"How long have you been married?" I snapped back as I felt a sense of betrayal.

"We got married once I found out Dasom was with a child" scratching his neck, he sat awkwardly looking between me and his wife that was in the other room.

"He told us he was busy traveling and exploring new places. The only thing he explored was a woman's-" my whispering got clamped shut by Yohan's hands as he smiled at Older brother uncomfortably. "Nice to meet you, my name is Kim Yohan"

"Forgive me for the late greetings, I'm Han Hyunwoo."

I sat there sulking at the fact that I was kept in the dark while all these things happened in his life. Is this how Hyerin felt?

"Goeun if you're mad about the fact that I didn't come to your wedding, then I'm sorry. I didn't even know you were engaged in the first place."

"No brother, I'm disappointed that you didn't care to mention that you fell in love, got married, and had an adorable baby this whole time. I wasn't even invited to my own brother's ceremony, how upsetting is that?"

Guilt was written all over his face as he tried to explain himself. "Mother would never accept the fact that I wanted to get married to a commoner. So I had no choice but to hide it from you guys. Please don't tell our parents"

Biting the inside of my cheek, I was conflicted on what to do or what to say. Miss Dasom then came out of the room with her baby girl. "May I hold her?" Giving her to me gently, she still seemed weary of me after seeing me almost pull out brother's hair earlier. I'm sorry he deserved it..

I watched as the baby slept soundly in my arms, with her mouth a little open. My heart melted at how cute she looked, with her slightly chubby cheeks and small little hands. Finally making up my mind, I looked at brother seriously. "Come back home with us tomorrow"

"Both of you. Let's introduce Miss Dasom and your baby to Mother and Father. Sure they will be upset at first but they'll soon come to accept it. Mother favors you over me anyways so she'll forgive you, especially after knowing that she has a grandchild."
.
.
.
.
.
"We will come see you again, so it would be good if you were to make up your minds by tomorrow Sir Hyunwoo" Bowing his head, we were leaving when brother stopped me. "Why was he so strong when I tried to close the door earlier?"

"Because he's a General" Smiling proudly, I left to catch up with my husband.