Part 34

Minah left with a few of the best trained soldiers to carry out our last resort, the final mission. We all moved back into the residence we were staying at with the soldiers, and I instantly locked myself up in my room.

Suddenly, the sight of my painting and drawing tools, the embroidery needle, the hair accessories, and all my pretty dresses looked sickening to me. "What's the point of all this" throwing it all on the ground one by one, I looked at the small mirror that I had thrown harshly just a minute ago. My reflection looked cracked and the person shown looked broken as well.

"If I knew that these things would never help you, I would've never bothered to learn any of this."
.
.
.
.
"Goeun, please come out, I'm so worried about you" Hyerin was behind the door, repeatedly telling me to come out and atleast eat.

It suddenly turned silent as the door was forcefully pushed open before his and her highness came in to the mess in my room. I sat there emotionless, unable to atleast smile to ease their worries. Hyerin pulled me in for a tight hug, her soft sobs could be heard. She stroked my hair before rocking us back and forth for a while.

"If you want Yohan to come back, then pull yourself together Goeun. Do you think he would want to see you like this?" Prince Yul's words spoke for the all of us, as a reminder that we should all keep it together, but I wasn't doing a very good job at that.

"Atleast eat two spoonfuls, you can do that for me right?" Hyerin whispered in my ear and I finally looked at the both of them before nodding.

---

3rd person pov:

Yohan looked up at the small confined room as he had his hand and legs tied up for some time now. "Is it daytime or nighttime?" The bleeding in his head had dried up and the bruises left on his body were aching to touch.

When they were at the camp, everything was normal and going smoothly. They were preparing to depart the next day to go back to enjoying their vacation, but look at where he had ended up. Softly chuckling, he looked at the guards who were standing outside the door, not even sparing a glance in his direction.

I'm going to die from dehydration at this rate he thought before trying to break free from the ropes. They had questioned him about the military tactics for days now and realizing that he won't mutter a word, they decided to abandon him here for now. He fought back a lot and tried to escape but there were too many people and he was outnumbered.

I wonder what they're all doing right now... are they looking for me?" His mind drifted off to the one person that kept him sane while he was locked up in here. From her beautiful features.. to her cute little smile... to her long silky hair, he wondered if she was God's favorite.

Picturing her crying face where her lips naturally turn into a pout broke his heart into pieces, as he closed his eyes to get rid of that image. "I should've treasured my beautiful woman more...my Goeun....my delicate yet strong wife"

A while passed as Yohan dozed off from a horrible headache forming, his throat parched and vision a little blurry. It only felt like he slept for a few minutes when his shoulder was being harshly shaken.

"Kim Yohan, you're not dead are you?" Finally waking up, his eyes adjusted to see Hwang Minah in front of him, with her hair a mess and her face veil slightly crooked. She let out a sigh of relief before cutting the ropes fast, looking over her shoulder a few times.

"Hurry up!" A whisper could be heard from outside as Minah put his arm over her shoulders to stand him up. "Can you walk?"

He nodded and they set out as fast as they could. That's when Yohan finally processed the situation, when he saw most of the soldiers knocked out unconscious and a few of his soldiers looking at their general with teary eyes.

When they were one step closer to escaping, a hurdle of guards circled them hurriedly, making Minah roll her eyes in frustration. "Let's get this done fast and leave. 勇気があれば戦う."

Whatever she told them seemed to have ticked them off because the next thing they do is take out their swords and charge at them.

"Well thank you for pissing them off" grabbing the extra knife in Minahs pockets, Yohan got into a good stance before trying his best to defend and attack.
"My pleasure" Minah smirked before slashing her sword at them, skillfully blocking their attacks.

They all got out of the building before hurriedly following Minah's lead. Yohan stood stunned as he saw a boat ready for them to leave in. "Don't be too amazed by me" winking in his direction, she helped him onto the boat before they sailed off, ready to go back to their homeland.

"Do you know how much planning had to be done to get you out as sneakily as-"

Her words seemed to have been blocked out as Yohan finally fell unconscious, his body giving out on him. They all panicked as his head hit the hard floor with a thump, making them wince in pain.

Arriving at their own land, Minah paid the owner of the boat a few bags of coins, which he took with a smile on his face. "I hope I never see your face ever again" Minah smiled back at the owner before remembering the huge slash on her arm that was bleeding heavily.

Putting pressure in that area, she gave Yohan to the other men before making their way back to the residence, ready to show them that they came back victorious.

----------

Today was the eighth day, the last day of the "supposed" negotiation. Prince Yul told me that he sent out a letter informing his majesty about this and was waiting for them to bring backup.

The house was gloomy as everyone waited outside anxiously, hoping to see atleast a strand of their hair. Something

The amount of relief I felt when I saw a few figures approaching was an understatement as everyone rushed to their side for help. Minah collapsed in exhaustion with a horrible gash in her arm that was bleeding through her shirt.

My eyes landed on Yohan and my legs immediately started moving on its own. One of the men were carrying him on their backs as he was unconscious and I immediately showed them the room to lay him down in.

His highness called for the physician to check his pulse and condition after they treated the emergency of Minah's injury.
Sitting beside him, I grabbed a hold of his hand, still not realizing that he's here in front of me, alive.

The doctor told everyone to leave and I insisted on staying, wanting to see the injuries that he had to go through all alone. The bruises on his face was slowly going down but the ones on his body were more severe. The blood on his head and hair showed me how much he had struggled out there.

The doctor got to work, and I grabbed a basin of warm water and a bunch of cloths. Wiping away all the dirt and sweat, I looked over at the physician. "Please give him the best medicine and the best salve that will heal these bruises and cuts fast."

"I'll try my best. Let's just hope there is no internal bleeding. Or else it will get more complicated"

After he left the room, I gave him water and medicine before putting some porridge next to the bed, unsure of when he would wake up. I don't know the amount of times I prayed for them to come back safely, but it all felt worth it seeing them again.

Laying down next to him, I pushed the strands of his hair out of his face before grabbing hold of his pinky finger. "I feel like if I touch you any more than this, you're going to be in pain. I want to hug you so badly, so please get better faster."