Part 20

"Please bring a warm meal inside my room for tonight" paying her extra, she smiled at the coins before leading the way to a spare room.
"Right away young lady"

Closing the door to my room, I finally sat down, the aching in my legs reminding me of the earlier events.

Aish, this is so unfair. I ran around the whole night to find her daughter and then I get slapped in return. I don't know which part of my body I should complain about first. My stomach is begging for food, my legs are killing me, my back hurts, my cheeks are stinging, but my heart aches the most.

"Young miss, here's your food" sliding the tray inside, I silently thanked her before beginning to satisfy my hunger.

---

It was way past midnight when I was jolted awake by the knockings on the door. I don't even deserve sleep do I?

"Whoever you are, get lost, I am done being nice and patient for today"

"Be nice one more time and open the door for your husband"

"My husband isn't here.." Processing those words after a minute or two, my eyes snapped open in realization.
All sleepiness gone now, I hurriedly opened it to see the one person that I truly needed at this moment.

My lower lip naturally quivered into a pout and before I knew it, the tears began falling one by one, startling poor Yohan along the way.

Closing the door behind us, he started to wipe my tear stained cheeks with his sleeves, lowering his body so we were at the same level. "Do you want to tell me who made you cry like this or would you like a hug first?"

"Both"

Wrapping his arms around me, he pulled me in by the waist, his other hand on the back of my head. Stroking my hair, he managed to calm me down after a while, my breathing slowly regulating back to normal. Being embraced when you are at your lowest seems to work wonders as I felt both understood and protected.

"N-Nari got lost while we were flying kites and I searched for her all evening. I felt both scared and responsible for losing sight of her for a bit, and the guilt was crushing me inside."

"Why are you so hard on yourself? She got lost on her own and you found her at the end. You did the most you could do on your end, so all you deserve is praise and commendation"

"Look, I got a few scratches on my ankle" showing him my small injuries, the feeing of being cared for was really nice.

"Where else?" "My back hurts too" gently rubbing my back in a circular motion, he continued with my pampering.

"What else?" "My cheek still has a dull pain" His hold on me got firmer, as if telling me that I'll be alright from now on.

"Let's go to bed now, we both look like we need some rest"

---

After eating our morning meal, we headed out and I stared at the four legged creature in front of me with a straight face. I admire this horse but it will make me feel queasy if I ride on it right after eating.

While Yohan paid for the meal, I attempted to get on the horse alone. Everyone makes it look so easy but why won't my darn leg get the hang of it?!

I guess I'll learn next time.. Stroking this dark haired beauty, I opened my palms in front of him revealing a sugar cube.

"Look what I got youu, but in exchange, don't tell your owner about my failed attempts. It's a secret between us"

"What are you whispering about over there?" Yohan came over wearing a questionable look and I laughed it off before motioning at his horse. "Does he have a name?"

"A horse is a horse, I don't really talk to it much." He mouthed a what after I gave him a judge-mental look. "You're going to hurt his feelings, he's been carrying you around throughout all your journeys." "Let's name him Kkum (dream)" (pronounced as koom) . It sound fun to say, kkum kkumah"

"Dream on, my lady. Now, shall we go back?"

---

"Do you have to leave now? Can't you come in with me?" I watched as he got on his horse again, ready to leave. "I had some unfinished business left to do. I'll be back soon" He looked apologetic as he ran his hands through his hair not knowing what to say.

"Three times"

He halted in confusion, waiting for me to go on. "Come home to me three times a week" "make it a promise" before he could refuse, I quickly made my way inside, ignoring his poor attempts on stopping me.

Looking through the house, the place somehow felt empty, even though the maids and workers were tending to the chores as usual. As I made my way to my room, Areum came running to me with tears in her eyes.

"Miss Goeun!" Hugging me tightly, she scanned me from head to toe before sighing in relief. "I thought something bad happened to you. The guard told me you were alright but I didn't believe him and demanded to know where you were."

"I slept in a warm place and was served delicious food. You didn't have to worry about me"

"By the way, where's everyone else?" By everyone, I meant Nari and mother in law

"They went to a physician nearby to get a checkup on young miss, just in case"

Humming in response, I looked at my clothes seeing how it was a bit dirty and wrinkled up. "I need to take care of myself now. Go prepare a bath for me Areum, I feel grimy"

Once mother came back, she ignored my presence completely but Nari gave me a small wave with a smile on her face. There's no need for me to feel shame in my actions, I did nothing wrong.

Holding my chin up, I smiled back before walking away with pride.