Part 24

The harvest festival soon arrived and I was actually really nervous. As I wrapped up the fruits and rice cakes in beautiful packaging, the idea of meeting the rest of Yohan's family and relatives felt scary. Today was the day where everyone comes together and celebrates with their friends and family.

Yohan said that we would be at mother and father in-laws house for half of the day and the rest will be our time to have fun. Giving the baskets to Areum to put in the carriage, I set off to my room to doll myself up. Wearing my light blue flowy dress, I made sure my hair was neat and presentable.

Once I came out, I saw Yohan as he was getting his horse ready. "Kkum Kkumah" walking over to them, I stroked the horse's hair before feeding him a few snacks.

"You're really going to call him that?" Staring at me with disbelief, Yohan shook his head before opening the palanquin for me. "You thought I was kidding?" I made my way inside before flashing him a smile. "You know your wife is fetching for many compliments today" As I blinked my eyes waiting for him to respond, he abruptly closed the entrance, making me scoff. He is good with words but can't say something so simple.

The trip went by smoothly, taking up only 20 minutes of our time since their residence was relatively close. As I got out and went over to the carriage, Yohan beat me to it and picked up all of the baskets.

As we walked side by side, he nudged me before saying "your smile is beautiful". Going inside, he left me in a flustered state as I didn't expect him to give me an answer. I asked him to compliment me on how I look with my outfit..
"He knows how to make someone's heart flutter" muttering to myself, I also went inside with a shy smile on my face.

Giving each others gifts and our greetings, they all sat me down before introducing themselves. All of the women my age were sitting in a circle, passing around the food. I did not know that Yohan had cousins so it was fun gossiping with them for a while, up until they started to talk about my husband.

"Did Yohan tell you about that girl yet?" One of them suddenly spoke up, making the room go silent. One of the girls nudged her to stop but she shrugged it off.

"Yes, he has told me. You're talking about miss Hwang Minahssi, right?"

"I thought they were going to get married since we all know they are soulmates, but one day, she just disappeared. Minah and her mom left quietly without even telling Yohan. Can you imagine that? He was devastated, locked himself up in his room for days" Stealing a few glances at me, the girl kept going, making my blood boil even more.

"I see" Eating my rice cake, I listened as she continued her story. How does she know so much about them??
"I've heard rumors that Minah was seen with a child so we all assume that she's married and living happily."

"What do you think your husband will do if she ever shows up one day?"

I.....don't know...

That girl snickered watching my reaction and I suddenly wanted to leave this place. Everyone's eyes were on me, as if waiting for me to slip up and say something wrong.

"He's my husband right now so I don't see the issue here? I am living happily and I hope the same for Miss Minah." I got up annoyed before making my way to the kitchen area. Father in law's mother was sitting there with her friends, chattering away as they reminisced their past. Hearing their stories, I stayed with them until it was time to go.

Peeking through the little window, I saw how Yohan's eyes was searching through the crowd outside as everyone was preparing to leave. Once he caught sight of me poking my head out, he visibly relaxed and motioned for me to come over.

Saying my farewells, I stood beside Yohan, eager to leave for the festival like we had planned. Once we headed out and entered the market, it was early evening, the sun slowly setting. The stalls of food were lined up next to one another and all sorts of games were displayed. Children were playing on the streets, and entertainers were dancing, singing, telling stories, and having competitions.

"Where should we go first?" Excitingly looking around, I didn't know where to start, finding everything to be fun. "Lets not get lost first" holding my hand, he pulled me towards him and I gave him a mischievous smile. "You seem to like holding my hand often."

"That too" He started walking to a crafts shop, where it was a little less crowded, making me wonder why he was leading us there. "Are you suddenly into craft making?" Shaking his head no, he said "we have some people to meet today"

Entering the small shop, I took notice of two people who had their backs turned on us. They were wearing simple commoners clothes but the hair ornament on the lady's hair gave it away.

"They really came?" No way..

"You can turn around, she seems to recognize you immediately." He knew their covers were blown when I excitedly pointed at them. Prince Yul turned around with disappointment and Hyerin was jumping out of joy. "I won the bet, I told you she would get it right away!"

"You guys are my only close friends anyways. I just didn't know you would actually come to the festival like we had planned" Hugging Hyerin, we stayed like that for a bit, swaying side to side. The two men just exchanged glances with each other, since they probably meet every other day. Lucky bastards

"Why haven't you been writing to me lately?" she looked guilty as we parted, laughing cheekily. "I sort of might have been busy with other things" noticing her rubbing her belly unconsciously, a warm feeling blossomed inside of me.

Turning my head towards Prince Yul, I arched my eyebrow smiling and he seemed to get embarrassed judging by his pink ears.

"Congratulations, both of you" Yohan stood beside me before teasing his friend. "I can't believe a child is going to have a baby soon"

Their bickering continued as me and Hyerin made our way outside. "Are you not feeling any nauseousness when you smell or eat food?"

"No, but I do experience dizziness in the morning." She shook her head before saying "One morning, I didn't feel like getting up so Yul panicked and called for a royal doctor immediately. I thought he was exaggerating but fortunately we got to hear the good news because of it."

"Make sure to not overwork yourself and get plenty of rest. How is palace life by the way, is the people treating you well?"

Hyerin stopped before sighing in defeat. "I didn't realize there's so many people still attached to my husband. It's difficult to make them realize that I'm already by his side, and that they should back off"

Exactly.

"How about you voice your concerns to your husband? Maybe you'll come up with a solution together" Hearing myself say these words, I almost wanted to laugh at myself. I am good at giving advices but I never follow them myself.

Hyerin took it into consideration before smiling, showing me her cute dimples. "Enough of my life, let's have lots of fun today. I heard that they're doing a play soon, so let's quickly grab something to eat before heading over there"