Part 29

The days passed as we travelled endlessly, taking breaks to eat and to sleep. I finally got the taste of what my husband and all these people experience often, making me realize how ungrateful I am.

It was already time for dinner when we came to a stop, and I swear I think my behind got two times flatter than how it originally was. Sitting for so long gets uncomfortable after a while, and I also had to keep my nausea in check.

Everyone got into a line, waiting to grab their food to eat that was being cooked by the royal chef himself. As I waited for my turn, someone tapped on my shoulder lightly. "you're a noble lady and the general's wife. You can easily skip your way to the front my lady. No one will mind"

Looking back, I noticed it was one of Yohan's soldiers. They're all taller than me so I'm stuck looking at the back of people's heads most of the time. "That's unfair for all of you, we're all equally exhausted and hungry for the day. I would be angry if someone cut me in line."

Nodding his head, he then went on to the next question. "I hope this isn't too rude of me to ask but did you and our general get into a quarrel?" Furrowing my brows, I waited for him to continue.

"It's just that.. everyone's been talking about how you won't even share a tent together...Ahh I'm sorry now I feel ashamed of myself. Please act like you didn't hear me!" Covering his face, he bowed his head several times, making me flustered.

"N-no it's just that I have been dealing with insomnia lately and didn't want to disturb your general's sleep. He needs good rest in order to lead everyone safely" Making up a sweet lie, I convinced him and the people around us who were eavesdropping. Although, part of it is true

"Why are you so tiny, it took me a while to spot you" Just in time, Yohan came over to us holding his food in his hands. General privileges
"You. Take this and go eat" Handing the meal over to the young man behind me, Yohan took his place, leaving me confused.

"When did you get so humble my lady? First you ride a horse although you hated the idea of it before and now you're waiting in line without complaining" Standing close behind me, he whispered so that only I could hear it. The tingly feeling didn't seem to go away as he placed his chin on my shoulder.

"You make it sound as if I'm an arrogant woman. And the last time we talked, didn't I tell you to not touch me" nudging him away, our bickering didn't stop until we joined Hyerin and prince Yul at our sitting spot.

Now that I closely looked at our meal, I realized there was meat in the soup that I didn't really like. Silently sliding Yohan's bowl to my side, I gave the meat to him and he in return, gave more of his potatoes to me. Our silent exchange was made and we started eating, ignoring the stares of the two beside us.

"You said they were not on good terms at the moment,...right?"

"I guess I had nothing to worry about."

"Goeun Unnie, I want to introduce you to my new bodyguard. Do you mind if she sits with us for a while?" Prince Yul suddenly choked on his food, grabbing the attention of the people around us. Yohan slapped his back a few times and Hyerin offered him some water.

"Th-that won't be n-necessary" coughing, his highness looked between me and Yohan out of nervousness. "Is your name Goeun Unnie?" Hyerin, obviously confused, gave him a look that probably means "what is wrong with you"

"I already met her a few times actually. She has a face you can't typically forget" She smiled at my words before signaling Miss Minah to come over. I ate in silence watching her take secret glances at Yohan. I know I can just act all lovey dovey with Yohan because I have every right to, but.. I also have a conscience.