part 22

|Ch.22

"Deoksim, tell us the truth",Yoongi asked calmly.

Deoksim stood infront of her uncles and father.

"What do you know about Sol-ah's disappearing?"

Deoksim understood why red agents were forced to cut ties with their families. The reason is literally infront of her. "Informations are strictly prohibited to be shared. I'm sorry"

Jungkook, "Kim Deoksim!", he stood up in fury.

"Jungkook, calm down!" , Hoseok pulled him to sit down again. He looked at Deoksim. "Deoksim, please,we need to know! Sol-ah might be a missing agent to you but for us,she is our sister. We have the rights to know about what happened to her"

Deoksim, "Uncle, don't make me the bad guy here. She is my aunt too! But I'm a red agent. I have to be professional here. I can't share any information"

Jimin raised his head and spoke, "Then can you make sure to bring her back?", His voice went deep making it more serious.

With this question, Deoksim was sent to the edge. She was taken back with their stares. She opened her mouth to speak buy nothing left from her lips.

"Well,can you?", It was Jongsuk. He also looked at her with a questioning gaze. They needed her word.

"I —I...", she trailed off not knowing how to answer. It was obvious that she can't answer. She was forced into a situation where she cannot escape. Cold sweat appeared on her forehead with the heated stares. She wants nothing but the floor to swallow her up.

Even her father didn't help her this time. He needed an answer too. It was her sister after all. His beloved sister. Their beloved sister. Closing her eyes,she replied. "No,I can't"

"What do you mean you can't?",Yoongi asked.

Deoksim clenched her fists. With gritted teeth,she answered, "I can't promise to bring her back"

Jungkook laughed bitterly. It was a laughter of pure hatred. Deoksim really provoked her uncle Jungkook. She knew that it's not a good sign. Opening her eyes,she saw his red face. He had never given such a look to Deoksim ever before and it pained her. She was like a villain in his eyes. He stood up again.

"You can't? Very well Kim Deoksim. You  lost an uncle today. Do not ever show your face infront of me"

Deoksim's eyes went wide with his words. Her whole body trembled seeing his glare. How did this end up like this way?

Jin stood up with wide eyes. "Jungkook!are you out of your mind?!"

Jungkook, "Well hyung,you should ask it from your beloved daughter! Did you even understand what she meant?!"

Just then Rawon scampered towards Jongsuk out of nowhere taking everyone's attention. Following him,Jihoon was just in the middle of the hallway. It was obvious that he had been eavesdropping with Rawon. And the excited Rawon who had seen his dad,ran away from him.

Jongsuk took him to his hands and stood up. He looked at Deoksim. "Good bye Deoksim", It was obvious that he too doesn't want anything to do with Deoksim anymore. Jungkook shook his head before following Jongsuk to outside.