III.

Kat never admitted that it was her, and no one could prove it was. But everyone knew it was. Davina's original plan was to offer her shoulder to cry on or offer to talk. But she never got the chance when Kat ran into the bathroom. Starling Davina was fixing her makeup. Causing her arm to drag a line of peachy nude up a little. Breathing in she set the tub down and reached for a paper towel. She waited for kat to finish throwing up and leave the stall. The sound of kats yacking slightly irritated her but she didn't want to add salt to the fresh wound by yelling at her. Instead, she reached for peppermint and another paper towel. On good conscious, she wouldn't let the poor girl leave with nasty breath. She had to sit next to her. Granted Ethan will be in between them. By the time kat came out of the stall, Davina had her stuff packed back up. Walking confidently over she held out the peppermint. Kat took it unsure but grateful. Reaching over she ran the paper towel over Kats's mouth, folding it over and running it over again. She helped clean up kat. "You know. Going to the source could help " making eye contact kat tried to put on a brave face. "It's not me," Davina smirked and turned on her heel towards the trash. "I didn't say it was... However, child pornography is illegal. " looking back she sent what looked to be a reassuring smile. "If I was the girl... I would simply threaten and collect some payment back." With that, she walked out. That day Davina earned some of Kat's respect.
Was Davina a big fan of football? No. She never really found the appeal in men throwing themselves at each other. However, she did like watching how people got so..pissy about it. She loved seeing men lose their fucking minds about it. Screaming and jumping. All it took was someone to drop a ball and they'll turn against someone. It was amusing to her. However, that didn't mean she watched the school's games. In fact, she hadn't attended a single game since freshmen year when Cal Jacobs insisted she attend. She could have been a real bitch about it but he seemed so hopeful and it didn't help he pretty much talked her father into it.
Jules had asked Rue all about the pretty redhead. She had told her about their first and only interaction. Jealousy was a new feeling for Rue. She didn't like how excited Jules would get about her questions, how interested she sounded. Would Rue ever tell rules this? No. She wouldn't.
Rue had explained that they use to hang out. How close they were till rue lost her father and then they seemed to drift apart. How Cassie Howard had slept with Davina's only boyfriend. When Jules heard the last name Harward she remembered how angry Davina's voice sounded. It wasn't till lunch when Jules spotted Davina sitting by herself. She wasn't eating, like a lot of the kids were instead she was on her phone. She was had decided to finally put herself out there and maybe start dating. Not because she wanted to but because she was bored. She wanted one normal huh school thing. If that meant talking to a guy. That she had no intention of actually meeting or fucking then she would. So during Pre-algebra, she made a dating account. Nothing fancy she had a few photos that she took of herself. Her name and honest age. She hadn't given a single guy a second thought. They were all boring and just the same. Some were good-looking but not worth her time. At least that is what she told herself anyway. It wasn't till she got to Nate Jacobs's profile did she pause. Was going to swipe on him? No. But she was curious about what his profile would even say. Seeing the overconfident boy try to impress she let out a disgusted scoff and just get off the account. . Why bother having a normal experience? It's not like she bothered in two years to care. Unknown the Davina Nate had been sitting behind her since the start of school a few days ago. He had seen what she did. Clenching his fist he breathed a deep sigh and glared at the back of her head. In his opinion Davina Evans what a stuck-up bitch.
So when bright and shine rules set her lunch trey next to her, she looked over watched as a very reluctant rue sat next to rules and just waited for them to say something. Jules didn't hesitate to send a smile. "Hey..Davina right?" The question was rhetorical. However, Davina answered anyway. "Yeah. July right?" A bitchy smile formed on her plump lips. She was hoping Jules would see that it was meant to be a joke but by the frown and glare rue was sending she knew it missed it. Clearing her throat she sheepishly smiled. "Sorry.. I was trying to joke." Immediately Jules brighten and let out a small giggle. "It's okay!" Picking up a carrot she bit into it." thank you for the other day." Davina smiled. Not knowing what else to do she just sat there. It wasn't till the loud of voice the football coach did she look over. The football players and cheerleaders were trying to hype every up. She could see Nate slapping his chest and watching his ex-girlfriend Maddy dance. Davina didn't hate Maddy but she didn't like her either. She was loud and acted as if the world had revolved around her. To a point it did.
All the girls jumped when someone jumped on their table. Leaning closer to each other. Jules grabbed Gavin's hand. Neither noticed. Rue did though. Jules leaned closer to her friend maybe friend. "I 100 percent, do not feel safe right now" laughing rue leaned her head on rules shoulder. Giggling Jules reached over and brought Davina's head down too. Davina could fight against it but she figured she would lose against the blonde. So she let her do whatever. Maybe this was the normal experience she needed..friends.

School had finally ended and Davina was with them still. She was going to leave but Jules was quick to grab onto her wrist, dragging her along. So that's how she found herself walking towards their bikes. She herself walked to school today. "Hey, do you want to hang out with us?" Jules smiled over to the girl, hoping she would say yes. Rue had crossed her finger behind her back. Davina could see that Rue,really didn't want her there but didn't want to upset Jules so she chuckled and hugged both of them. Shocking all three girls. "No thanks. I have to go home anyway " pulling back she took her bag from her shoulder to take out the pair of tennis shoes out. Seeing the look on their face she shrugged. "I'm not walking home in heels" Looking at each other she shrugged. "I'm a bad bitch but sore feet aren't my thing" she did have a point. Finishing taking off her heels she slips on some socks. "Blistered feet don't sell that well" when she finished she noticed they were staring at her with wide eyes.  Sign she looked between them. "I'm joking" she watched as they both slightly relaxed and started to laugh. Looking over she smiled at Rue. "I missed you, Bennett." With those words, she turned and left. I didn't hate Davina. She had become one of my best friends. I can't say I was completely thrilled by how close Jules and her were but I didn't hate her. I grew to trust her and even love her. My mom was so happy when Davina came over again. You could see her eyes light up when they landed on the girl.
Rain wasn't something Davina was expecting. She was about three blocks away from her house when it started to pour on the girl. Making her let out a loud sequel and try to make a run for it. Had just made it a block closer when a shiny blue pickup pulled near her. "Do you need a ride Davina" raising his voice to make sure that she could hear him? Davina stopped. Not wanting to get sick and her makeup was already everywhere. Rushing forward she opened the door.
"Thank you, Mr.Jacobs." Cal had reached back and handed her his coat. "Please call me, Cal" he had smiled over at her. Trying not to let his eyes wander down. Nodding she wrapped his coat around herself. She was unsure about calling him that but she decided to do it anyway. To avoid upsetting him.  "Thank you, Cal"

The next chapter will have smut. I'll make sure to mark it before. Please be responsible.  Thank you.